Lightning players practice on average for eight hours a day. For the busy professional, this may not be an ideal but there is hope. Here are six office exercises you can incorporate into you day:
1. Avoid the elevator and take the stairs. Accelerate this routine by taking two steps at a time for some real leg burn.
2. Park at the far end of the parking lot or a parking lot of a nearby building.
3. Stand up and work. Standing up burns more calories that sitting all day.
4. If you already have a standing desk, add a desk squat. Stand with your feet together and your desk chair pushed back. Bend knees so that the thighs are almost parallel to the ground. Hold for 15 seconds at a time.
5. Join forces and schedule walking meetings with coworkers. Do laps around the building. If the weather is nice, conduct your walking meeting outdoors.
6. It’s crunch time! While sitting in your office chair, place both elbows on the thighs, curl your chest towards your legs and hold for 10 seconds at a time.