After a successful roadtrip where the Bolts picked up five of a possible six points, the team returns home tonight to face the Ottawa Senators for the final time this season. The last time these two teams faced off, the Bolts defeated the Sens, 5-4. Puck drops at 7:30 p.m. and you can follow all of the action on Sun Sports.
Here are five storylines to follow heading into tonight's matchup:
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are 2-0-0 at home this season versus the Senators and have gone 7-3-0 on home ice versus Ottawa since the beginning of the 2009-10 season.
- Victor Hedman and Ondrej Palat lead the Bolts in points versus the Senators this year, each with seven.
- The Bolts' eight-game point streak is a season-high and the longest streak since the 2010-11 season.
- Tonight Steven Stamkos will skate in his 400th career NHL game. Since returning from injury, the Captain has recorded six goals in nine games.
- Valterri Filppula enters tonight's game riding an eight-game point streak (four goals, eight assists).