The Lightning will open up the month of April with a six-game homestand starting tonight versus the Montreal Canadiens. The last team these two teams met, the Lightning clinched a 2-1 victory over the Canadiens with Nate Thompson scoring two goals for the Bolts. Puck drops tonight at 7:30 p.m. at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and you can follow all of the action on Fox Sports Florida.
Here are five storylines to follow heading into tonight's matchup:
- With 91 points and a game in hand, the Lightning trail the Canadiens by just two points in the standings for second place in the Atlantic Division.
- A Lightning win combined with a New Jersey Devils and Washington Capitals loss in regulation tonight would result in a playoff berth for the Bolts. Montreal would also clinch a trip to the post-season with the win.
- All three previous games this season between the Canadiens and Bolts have been decided in extra time.
- Valtteri Filppula enters tonight's game on a 12-game point streak during which he's posted five goals and 11 assists. Filppula's point streak is the longest current point streak in the NHL as Tyler Seguin's scoring streak came to a close over the weekend.
- Ben Bishop and Carey Price have started all three games of the season series against each other, both with identical save percentage's of .962.