The Tampa Bay Lightning open up round one of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs at home tonight versus the Montreal Canadiens. The matchup tonight is the first of two home games in Tampa before departing to Montreal for games three and four. The Bolts won the regular season series with a 3-0-1 record. Puck drops tonight at the Tampa Bay Times Forum and you can follow all of the action on Sun Sports and CNBC for those outside the Tampa Bay market.
Here are some storylines to follow heading into tonight's matchup:
- The Bolts have 13 players on their current active roster who have never participated in an NHL playoff game.
- The Lightning had 72 goals scored by rookies this season, ranking them first in the NHL in that category.
- Valtteri Filppula is expected to return to the lineup tonight. Filppula has skated in the postseason in each year of his NHL career.
- In his last three games, Anders Lindback has a 3-0-0 record with a .975 save percentage and he recorded a shutout in his last game of the season.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning's power play unit enters tonight's game having scored a goal in three of its final four games this season. The Canadiens power play unit has struggled as of late, failing to score in its last eight games.
- Eric Brewer has scored three goals in his past three games.
- Victor Hedman led all skaters in the season series versus the Canadiens with four points. The defenseman finished the regular season posting new career-highs for goals, assists and points.