The Tampa Bay Lightning will look to go 2-2-0 in their first road trip since returning from Olympic break tonight as they face the St. Louis Blues for the second and final time in the regular season. The last time these two teams faced off, Tampa Bay defeated St. Louis 4-2. Puck drops in St. Louis at 8:00 pm and you can follow all of the action on NBC Sports Network.
Here are some story lines to follow heading into tonights game.
- Lightning forward Alex Killorn is scheduled to skate in his 100th career NHL game tonight. Killorn contributed three points (one goal, two assists) the last time the Bolts faced the Blues.
- Nate Thompson enters tonight's contest after scoring three goals in his past two games.
- Radko Gudas' status for tonight's game is questionable after he left Sunday's game with a lower body injury. Gudas is currently ranked first in the NHL among rookies for hits.
- The Bolts have won 11 of their past 18 games away from the Tampa Bay Times Forum and their 13 wins against Western Conference opponents ranks tied with the Boston Bruins for first in the East.
- Although Marty St. Louis had his five-game point streak snapped Sunday, the Captain enters tonight's game with four goals over his past three games and has recorded a point in 16 of his past 19 games.
- St. Louis also sits one point behind Andy Bathgate with 972 points on the NHL all-time points list.