TAMPA BAY – The Tampa Bay Lightning proudly announced today that it launched its first-ever official mobile smartphone application to keep fans informed and in touch with the team throughout the 2011-12 season. The beta app is currently available to the Android market and can be downloaded by fans with the Android operating system at https://market.android.com. Versions of the app compatible with iPhones and Blackberry devices are forthcoming and will be released at a later date.
"The first-ever Lightning Mobile app is an exciting tool that will allow our fans to better interact with the team and increase the value of our brand," Vice President of Brand Management Lynn Wittenburg said. "It will provide our fans with an increased opportunity to 'Be The Thunder' all season long."
The Lightning Mobile app provides fans with a unique opportunity to enhance their gameday experience across a number of distinct platforms. Among the features for fans to enjoy are:
- News: Real-time breaking news from the Lightning, previews of upcoming matchups and postgame blogs
- Video: Video-on-demand clips of Lightning press conferences, coach and player interviews
- Photos: Galleries of game-time action
- Audio: Podcasts
- Stats: Real-time statistics and scores from the official NHL stats engine, head-to-head stats of the matchup, player stats, box scores, and scoring summaries
- Standings: Division and conference standings
- Social Media: One-click email, text, Tweet and Facebook posting of all media items
- Schedule: Schedule of upcoming games, and scores/stats of previous games from the season, ticket purchase for games