Five Quick Facts on Andrei Vasilevsky...
- First Russian goaltender in NHL Draft history to be first off the board at his position.
- Guided Russia to a fourth-place finish at the 2010 World Under-18 championships as a 15-year-old.
- Won a silver medal for Russia at the 2012 World Junior Championships by going 4-1-0 with a 2.01 goals-against average and tournament-best .953 save percentage.
- Also helped lead his native country to a bronze medal at the 2011 Under-18 World Championships, registering a 4-2-0 record with a 2.62 goals against average and a .936 save percentage
- Played alongside other notable 2012 first-round draft picks Nail Yakupov and Mikhail Grigorenko as teammates on Team Russia at the 2012 World Junior championships.