ONTARIO, Calif. - The Ontario Reign took home a victory Saturday evening at the E-Center as they defeated the Utah Grizzlies 6-5 in the third game of a 3-game road series. The Reign posted a 1-1-0-1 record on the week and currently hold second place in the Pacific Division standings. The Reign are back at Citizens Business Bank Arena for a three-game home-stand beginning Wednesday as they take on the Stockton Thunder for the first time this season.
Overall Record: 5-4-0-1 (11 points)
Home Record: 1-2-0 (2 points)
Away Record: 4-2-0-1 (9 points)
Wednesday, Nov. 12 – Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder – 7 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 14 – Ontario Reign vs. Bakersfield Condors – 7 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 15 – Ontario Reign vs. Stockton Thunder – 7 p.m.
*All games can be viewed online on B2 networks, or fans can listen to the game online by clicking on the “Listen” link in the Game Center section of www.ontarioreign.com.
LAST WEEK’S GAMES:
Wednesday, Nov. 5 – Ontario Reign @ Utah Grizzlies (L, 2-3)
Brad Mehalko and Tim Kraus each scored a power play goal in the special teams frenzy in a 2-3 loss to Utah in front of 2,275 at the E-Center. Of the five goals scored on the night, four were netted as power play goals and one registered as a shorthanded goal. The match-up marked the first meeting of the two teams in the 2008-09 season and was the first of a three-game road series against the Grizzlies in four days. For a complete game recap, click here.
Friday, Nov. 7 – Ontario Reign @ Utah Grizzlies (SOL, 3-2)
The Reign lost to the Utah Grizzlies, 3-2, in a shootout in front of 4,730 at the E-Center in the second of a three-game series between the two teams. The Reign picked up one point in the loss and center Tim Kraus and right wing Geoff Walker each scored in the match. Reign goaltender John Murray made his second appearance in the net for the Reign, stopping 40 of 42 shots he faced. For a complete game recap, click here.
Saturday, Nov. 8 – Ontario Reign @ Utah Grizzlies (W, 6-5)
In the final meeting of the two teams in the three-game series, the Reign took home the victory 6-5 in front of 3,760 fans at the E-Center. Dusty Collins, Jon Rheault, Ryan MacGregor, Jon Francisco, and Brad Mehalko each scored in the win and goaltender John Murray won his first game of the season stopping 36 of 41 shots he faced on the night. For a complete game recap, click here.
- Tim Kraus extended his point streak to 3 games (2g, 1a) with an assist in Saturday’s game versus the Grizzlies (11/5-11/8)
- Todd Jackson, Ryan MacGregor, Jon Rheault and Dusty Collins each tallied a +2 rating in Saturday’s game, tying the Reign’s highest plus/minus rating of +2
- Jon Rheault’s one goal and three assists (4 points) in Saturday’s match marks the highest Reign individual points in a game
- Darren McMillan, Jon Rheault, Jon Francisco and Dusty Collins’ multi-point game in Saturday’s match-up marks the Reign’s most individual multi-point games this season.
• Goals – Jon Francisco (5)
• Assists – Geoff Walker (7)
• Points – Geoff Walker (11)
• PIM – Ryan Bowness (21)
• PPG – Geoff Walker, Jon Francisco (3)
• Wins – Jeff Zatkoff (4)
• GAA – Jeff Zatkoff (2.29)
• SVP – Jeff Zatkoff (0.936)
• Attendance – 3rd (avg. 6,259)
• Power Play (overall) – 4th (.221)
• Andrew Martens – 6th (defensemen scoring) (2g, 6a, 8 points)
• Geoff Walker – 6th (rookie scoring) (4g, 7a, 11 points)