The LA Kings and ESPN Deportes have jointly announced that the popular all-sports Spanish radio station will air 10 Kings games this season on ESPN Deportes 1330 Los Angeles KWKW-AM.
The first broadcast will take place on November 1 when the Kings host the Philadelphia Flyers during the Kings' Dia De Los Muertos Night presented by Delta Air Lines at STAPLES Center. That game will mark the club's first Spanish radio broadcast since 1997-98.
"As our game grows it is important we continue to reach as many fans as possible and this new partnership with ESPN Deportes is a tremendous opportunity to help introduce hockey to a new audience," said Kings President and Hockey Hall of Famer Luc Robitaille. "I was a player with the Kings when we broadcast games in Spanish. It is exciting to have this opportunity again."
The ESPN Deportes broadcasting team will call the games from the Bob Miller Press Box and be announced at a later date.
ESPN Deportes Broadcast Schedule
- Thursday, November 1, vs. Philadelphia, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, November 24, vs. Vancouver, 7 p.m.
- Thursday, December 6, vs. New Jersey, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 29, vs. Vegas, 1 p.m.
- Saturday, January 12, vs. Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, February 16, vs. Boston, 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 28, vs. Dallas, 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 10, at Anaheim, 7 p.m.
- Saturday, March 23, vs. Anaheim, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, April 6, vs. Vegas, 7:30 p.m.
"We are all extremely excited here at KWKW - from programming, to sales, to management … everyone," said Thor Nelson, the station's General Sales Manager. "To have an opportunity to be a part of something from the ground level and build it into something special in today's competitive sports landscape is truly amazing. The partnership with the Kings is equally amazing, and together we are going to invite and entertain the Hispanic community into the LA Kings hockey world, through live on-air broadcasts as well as community outreach and activations. It's perfect. Go Kings Go!"