LAKings.com's Mike Kalinowski caught up with David Meckler
as part of our Future King series.
Future King David Meckler Name: David Meckler Position:
July 9, 1987 (Highland Park, Ill.) Ht:
Selected by the Kings in the fifth round (134th overall) in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft Noteworthy Accomplishments From The 2007-08 Season:
- Finished his first season of professional hockey with the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League (AHL) and recorded 36 points (23-13=36) and 24 penalty minutes in 76 regular season games.
- Added another two points (1-1=2) and two penalty minutes in four postseason games with the Monarchs.
- eckler’s 23 goals tied for fourth on the Monarchs and his 36 points ranked seventh best on the squad.
- He also tied for the team lead with two short-handed goals last season.
- Agreed to terms on a three-year entry-level contract with the Kings on July 18, 2008.
- Recently participated in the Kings July Development Camp.
- Talks about his path to the Kings organization that included stops in the USHL, the NCAA and the OHL.
- Says his experience with the OHL’s London Knights really prepared him for the pro game.
- Teammates in London included Sam Gagner (Edmonton Oilers) and Patrick Kane (Chicago Blackhawks).
- Says he needs to work on getting bigger, stronger and faster to attain his ultimate goal of playing in the NHL with the Kings.
- Says he learned a lot from his first Kings Training Camp experience in September of 2007.
- Says his shot has always been the strongest part of his
- Recently attended the wedding of Kings/Monarchs defenseman Peter Harrold.