As a life long Islanders fan, it was easy for me to instill the Islanders passion in my 6 year old son Alex. I have taken him to many games, including a preseason game against the Bruins in Manchester New Hampshire in 2005. He is slowly learning the game and despite not being able to remain awake throughout the entire game, the first questions I am asked in the morning are "Did the Islanders win?" and "What was the score?"
I have a jersey which I wear when attending the games and I gave my son my old one which is down to his knees.
I guess Santa Clause knew that Alex's love of the Islanders was such that he deserved a proper fitting jersey. He will proudly wear it as often as he can to school and most likely everywhere possible. The next step will be adding number 79 to the back of the jersey, Alex's favorite player.
Andre and Bethany Garabedian
New Hyde Park, NY
Want to see your picture on newyorkislanders.com?
It's easy! Send us pictures of you -- solo, or with your family and friends -- proudly showing your love for the Islanders. Perhaps you have pics of your group at a game or some far away land wearing Islanders jerseys. Maybe you have a shot of yourself with your favorite all-time Islander. And if you don't have a great picture in your scrapbook, show us your creativity and stage a photo shoot of your own.
We'll take some of the best Islander fan pictures and share them with the world. We'll post some of the best shots on newyorkislanders.com. We may even ask you to be in an Islanders ad campaign.
Before sending us your picture, remember that Islanders gear and colors and cool locations are highly encouraged. Be creative and have fun with it!
Every fan who submits a photo -- whether we publish it or not -- qualifies to take part in a photo shoot with the team.
We look forward to receiving your pictures today!
- Send ONE digital picture of you (and others) wearing Islanders apparel to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only one photo may be sent per person.
- With your photo, please clearly identify in your email each person in the photo. Also send us your hometown, home telephone number, the location of the photo and a brief description -- 50 words or less! -- of your love for the NYI. Please note that modeling releases may need to be signed prior to the Islanders' use of your photo.
- The picture must be in JPG or GIF format and a minimum of 200 dpi.
MORE FAN PHOTOS:
* Darrell Peddle - Newfoundland, Canada
* Tom Keckeisen - Memmingen, Germany
* Dominick J. Castaldo - New Rochelle, NY
* Ken Dantzig
* Nick DiMattei, Manorville, NY
* Lou, Mike, Jeff, Eric, Gary, Randae, Jesse, Dave and Albert - Massapequa Park, NY
* Robert McClurg and Marta Krzyzanowski - Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
* Matthew Moskowitz - Plainview, NY
* Stephanie Grav, La Mirada, CA
* Peter Flynn - Vernon, NJ
* Tim Lockhart - Calgary, AB
* Ashley Marinello - West Babylon, NY
* Brianne Hudak & Christos Dimos - Massapequa, Long Island
* Bill McCue - Newburgh, NY