The program, which offers up to a 10 percent commission of referred business, will be applicable to all full and partial season ticket packages. Individual game ticket sales (including group sales) are not included in the offer. In order to participate, fans must complete the application below and submit either online or by mail or fax. In order to receive the commission, the person making the purchase will need to verify who referred them.
In addition to the commission, top performing team members will also be eligible for rewards such as trips with the team, dinners, VIP events etc.
”The Accelerated Sales Team is an innovative way to engage our most passionate fans to rapidly grow our fan base,” said Chris Dey, President of the New York Islanders.”It was an idea that came together through extensive input from our fans on the Islandermania message board. That might be the best part about it - it was fan driven.”Accelerated Sales Team Rules & Guidelines
1. To be eligible for a referral reward under the New York Islanders Accelerated Sales Team Program (the “Program”), you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older and you must submit the enrollment form located below online, by faxing it to the Islanders’ Director of Customer Service’s attention at (516) 501-6762, or by mailing it to the following address: New York Islanders 1535 Old Country Road Plainview, NY 11803 Attn: Director of Customer Service.
2. Once you have enrolled, you will receive a commission on all future sales where the purchaser specifically states that they were referred to the Islanders by you, followed by written verification from such purchaser.
3. You may cancel your participation in this program by providing the Islanders with written notice of such decision to cease participating.
4. Islanders executive management will have ultimate authority on the awarding of all commissions and such decisions will be final.
5. Commission rates will be ten percent (10%) for full season ticket sales and five percent (5%) for partial season ticket plan sales.
6. Commissions are only earned upon payment in full. No commissions will be paid on any sales that are paid in full but are otherwise refunded or cancelled for any reason whatsoever. No commissions will be paid to a Program participant on purchased made by such participant.
7. You will be eligible to receive commissions only on sales made (i) for games played in the 2008-2009 NHL season and (ii) between September 22, 2008 and February 1, 2009.
8. Commissions will be paid no later than thirty (30) days after the Islanders final 2008-2009 NHL season game (including playoffs).
9. These Rules and Guidelines and your participation in the Program shall be governed by and construed under and in accordance with the internal laws of the State of New York without reference to the principles of conflicts of laws. You agree that the state courts and the United States federal courts that are located in the Counties of Nassau and Suffolk in the State of New York shall each have subject matter jurisdiction hereunder and personal jurisdiction over each of the parties hereto. You hereby consent thereto and hereby waive any right you may have to assert the doctrine of forum non conveniens or to object to venue to the extent that any proceeding is conducted in accordance with the foregoing provision.
10. Nothing contained in these Rules and Regulations is intended to create an employment relationship between you and the New York Islanders. As such, you will be acting as an independent contractor when participating in the Program and not as an employee of the New York Islanders for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to workers compensation, health insurance and other benefits offered by the New York Islanders to its employees, and the withholding and payment of income taxes with respect to the compensation being paid to you hereunder. Further, you will not have any authority or ability to bind, contract on behalf of or otherwise obligate the New York Islanders on any business transactions.
11. Your participation in this Program does not grant you any right to make use of the Islanders name or logo or any other intellectual property owned by or licensed to the team, any player names or images, or any intellectual property owned or licensed to or from the National Hockey League in any fashion whatsoever.
12. In connection with your participation in the Program, you agree to abide by all applicable state, local and federal solicitation laws and regulations.
13. You are solely responsible for the reporting and payment of any state, local and federal tax liabilities incurred by your participation in this program. Any questions you may have about your potential or actual tax liabilities should be directed to an individual qualified to render such tax advice. 1099 tax forms will be issued to program participants receiving income (both commission payments and bonus rewards) in the amount of Six Hundred Dollars ($600.00) or more, or any other such amount in accordance with Internal Revenue Service regulations. You agree to furnish any and all information required to be collected by the New York Islanders in connection with the issuance of a 1099, including, but not limited to, your legal name, home address and social security number, and such information will be held in the strictest confidence. Payments or benefits owed to you under this program will be made available to you until such information is provided to the New York Islanders.
14. The Islanders reserve the right to suspend or terminate your participation in the Program for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to failure to comply with any of these Rules and Guidelines.
15. No current New York Islanders employees are entitled to participate in the Program.
16. These Rules and Guidelines and all communications concerning participation as a member of the Accelerated Sales Team will be made using the English language and the New York Islanders shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of this program.
17. The New York Islanders may make changes to these Rules and Guidelines and any other component of the program at its sole discretion and at any time. Changes can be revisions, corrections, additions, subtractions, amendments or omissions of rewards, rules, guidelines, regulations, covenants, terms and conditions or even cancellation of the program in part or its entirety. The changes are effective and binding upon being published by the New York Islanders. Your continued participation in this program constitutes your acceptance of such changes. You agree to regularly check the Accelerated Sales Team Rules and Guidelines located at www.newyorkislanders.com.
18. Participation in this Program is void where prohibited, taxed, or otherwise restricted.
This form can also be submitted via mail or fax at the address below: New York Islanders
c/o Accelerated Sales
1535 Old Country Road
Plainview, NY 11803
Or by fax: 516-501-6762
Upon receipt of a completed form, you will be assigned to a New York Islanders Customer Service Representative.