|New York Islanders
3-2-2 (8 points – 3rd in Metropolitan Division, 9th in Eastern Conference)
|Carolina Hurricanes |
3-2-3 (9 points - 2nd in Metropolitan Division, 6th in Eastern Conference)
|7:00 p.m. |
Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
Television: MSG PLUS 2
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WHRU 88.7 FM, WRCN 103.9 FM
Chris King: Play-by-play
|2012-13 season series (1-1-1) |
The Islanders earned three points in three games against Carolina last season, meeting last on April 23. That night, the Islanders trailed 3-2 throughout the third period before John Tavares scored with a minute remaining in regulation to force overtime. The Islanders eventually lost in the shootout, but the point they earned in the standings proved to be crucial. Minutes after the game ended, Washington beat ninth-place Winnipeg, securing the first playoff berth for the Islanders in six years.
Apr. 23, 2013: CAR 4, NYI 3 (SO) - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|Hurricanes player to watch |
Jeff Skinner - Left Wing
The 21-year-old Skinner leads the Hurricanes with eight points (two goals, six assists) through eight games. Skinner has found the score sheet in six games, and leads the team with a plus-5 rating. Skinner has 139 points (66 goals, 73 assists) in 196 career games, including seven in nine contests against the Islanders.
|Islanders Storylines |
• John Tavares has points in six straight games (four goals, five assists).
• The Islanders have earned points in 10 consecutive home games (7-0-3) dating back to last season.
• Michael Grabner has six assists through seven games, topping last season's total of five.
• The Islanders are 5-for-16 (31.3-percent) on the power play at home.
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
40 Michael Grabner – 91 John Tavares – 21 Kyle Okposo
96 Pierre-Marc Bouchard – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
26 Matt Moulson – 16 Peter Regin – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 13 Colin McDonald
47 Andrew MacDonald – 3 Travis Hamonic
11 Lubomir Visnovsky – 14 Thomas Hickey
37 Brian Strait - 46 Matt Donovan
20 Evgeni Nabokov
60 Kevin Poulin
|Carolina Hurricanes previous game lines |
19 Jiri Tlusty - 11 Jordan Staal - 14 Nathan Gerbe
28 Alexander Semin - 12 Eric Staal - 15 Tuomo Ruutu
18 Radek Dvorak - 20 Riley Nash - 53 Jeff Skinner
21 Drayson Bowman - 8 Kevin Westgarth - 39 Patrick Dwyer
65 Ron Hainsey - 73 Brett Bellemore
4 Andrej Sekera - 27 Justin Faulk
7 Ryan Murphy - 44 Jay Harrison
30 Cam Ward
31 Anton Khudobin
| ||What's Happening at the Coliseum: |
• LI Auto Show in Expo Hall from 10 a.m. - 10 p.m.
lower lobby Opens at 5 p.m.
• Breast Cancer Awareness Night – Wear pink!
• Hockey Fights Cancer: Proceeds from pink cotton candy sales go to HFC campaign / $1 donation slips available on concourse
• 50/50 benefiting the Islanders Children’s Foundation
• Mercedes Benz of Massapequa Chuck-A-Puck
• Islanders Children’s Foundation Day at Adventureland – purchase bracelets at Gate 2