|New York Islanders
28-36-9 (65 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|New Jersey Devils |
31-28-14 (76 points - 6th in Metropolitan Division, 11th in Eastern Conference)
|7:00 p.m. |
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King
|Islanders Storylines |
• Young Guns: The Islanders have 10 rookies on their active roster.
• Okposo: Kyle Okposo missed Thursday's game with a lower-body injury.
• Persson: The Islanders recalled John Persson on an emergency basis from Bridgeport on Thursday.
• Streaking: Ryan Strome (1G, 2A) and Matt Martin (2G, 1A) are riding two-game point streaks.
• Last Three: The Islanders have taken five of a possible six points in their last three games (2-0-1).
|Devils Storylines |
• Better With Age: 42-year-old Jaromir Jagr (23-37-60) and 37-year-old Patrik Elias (17-33-50) lead the Devils in scoring.
• Playoff Push: The Devils are four points back of the final playoff spot in the East with nine games to play.
• Special Teams: The Devils lay claim to the league's best penalty kill (86.8%) and a top-10 power play (20.2%).
Last Three: The Devils are 1-1-1 in their last three games.
|Islanders player to watch |
Matt Donovan - Defense
Matt Donovan picked up his second goal of the season Thursday night in Tampa Bay, pinching off the blue line for a one-timer in the slot. The rookie defenseman also picked up an assist, giving him 12 points (two goals, 10 assists) in 43 games this season. Donovan, a native of Edmond, OK, has four points (one goal, three assists) in his last five games.
|Devils player to watch |
Adam Henrique - Forward
Adam Henrique is the Devils third leading scorer, with 42 points (24 goals, 18 assists) in 73 games this season. The 2008 3rd-round draft pick is currently riding a two-game point (one goal, one assist) and has points in three of four. The third-year pro is fifth in the NHL with three shorthanded goals this season. Henrique has three points (two goals, one assist) in three games vs. the Islanders this season.
|2013-14 season series (1-2-0) |
The New York Islanders are 1-2 against the New Jersey Devils through three games this season. The Islanders lost the team’s most recent meeting (March 1) 6-1 at Nassau Coliseum. Kyle Okposo scored the lone goal for the Islanders.
Mar. 1, 2014: NJD 6, NYI 1 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
56 Johan Sundstrom – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 18 Ryan Strome – 13 Colin McDonald
43 Mike Halmo – 53 Casey Cizikas – 28 Johan Sundstrom
44 Calvin de Haan – 3 Travis Hamonic
14 Thomas Hickey – 24 Kevin Czuczman
46 Matt Donovan – 7 Matt Carkner
20 Evgeni Nabokov
45 Anders Nilsson
|New Jersey Devils previous game lines |
8 Daninius Zubrus – 19 Travis Zajac – 68 Jaromir Jagr
14 Adam Henrique – 26 PAatrik Elias – 12 Damien Brunner
29 Rayne Clowe – 16 Jacob Josefson – 15 Tumomo Ruutu
20 Ryan Carter – 11 Stephen Gionta – 17 Michael Ryder
6 Andy Greene – 7 Mark Fayne
34 Jon Merrill – 2 Marek Zidlicky
22 Eric Gelinas – 10 Peter Harrold
30 Martin Brodeur
35 Corey Schneider
| ||What's Happening at the Coliseum: |
• Lower Lobby 5pm
• Doors Open 5:45 pm
• Charity of the Game – Andre Janiak Foundation
• Fan Appreciation Sale – 20% off most apparel, spend $150 receive a free player bobblehead!
• Tran-Star Parachutes
• Mercedes chuck a Puck