|New York Islanders
21-25-7 (49 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
|St. Louis Blues |
34-11-5 (73 points - 2nd in Central Division, 3rd in Western Conference)
|1:00 p.m. |
Television: MSG Plus
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, WRCN 103.9 FM
Play-by-play :Chris King
|2013-14 season series (0-1-0) |
The Islanders lost the lone meeting between the teams this season, falling 5-1 on Dec. 5 at Scottrade Center in St. Louis. Derek Roy’s second-period winner broke open a 1-1 draw, but the Blues added three insurance goals en route to to the rout. Andrew MacDonald scored the lone goal for the Islanders.
Dec. 5, 2013: STL 5, NYI 1 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|Blues player to watch |
Kevin Shattenkirk - Defense
With 35 points (8g/27a) in 49 games, Kevin Shattenkirk is on pace for a career year in St. Louis and should top his previous career-high of 43 points, set in each of the last two full seasons. The New Rochelle, NY, native scored the game-winning goal Thursday night against the Rangers and will represent the United States at the upcoming Winter Olympics in Sochi. Shattenkirk had two assists against the Islanders on Dec. 5, 2013.
|Islanders Storylines |
• Vs. the West: The Islanders have won six straight games against Western Conference opponents.
• Discipline: The Blues boast the league’s second-best power-play unit, converting at 23.9%. The Isles gave up three power-play goals in their last game against the Blues,and must stay out of the box today.
• Okposo: Kyle Okposo scored his 52nd point (21g/31a) of the season Thursday, matching a career-high set in 2009-10.
• Streaking: Frans Nielsen is riding a six-game point streak (1g/6a) while Okposo has points in four straight games (2g/4a).
|The Matchup |
|New York Islanders previous game lines |
26 Thomas Vanek – 91 John Tavares – 21 Kyle Okposo
16 Peter Regin – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
40 Michael Grabner – 29 Brock Nelson – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 13 Colin McDonald
37 Brian Strait – 47 Andrew MacDonald
46 Matt Donovan – 44 Calvin de Haan
14 Thomas Hickey – 4 Radek Martinek
60 Kevin Poulin
45 Anders Nilsson
|St. Louis Blues previous game lines |
9 Jaden Schwartz - 42 David Backes - 20 Alex Steen
25 Chris Stewart - 21 Patrik Berglund - 74 T.J. Oshie
56 Magnus Paajarvi - 17 Vladimir Sobotka - Vladirimir Tarasenko
10 Brenden Morrow - 40 Maxim Lapoerre - 75 Ryan Reaves
27 Alex Pietrangelo - 19 Jay Bouwmeester
22 Kevin Shattenkirk - 5 Barret Jackman
28 Ian Cole - 46 Roman Polak
41 Jaroslav Halak
1 Brian Elliott
| ||What's Happening at the Coliseum: |
• NHL Mascot Day – Meet and Greet starting at 11:30am
• Lower Lobby opens at 11am
• Doors open at 11:30am
• Third Jersey Youth and Adult sizes 30% off
• Upcoming Coat Drive