"That’s an incredible number, and I know for many of these children their experience through Rexcorp Islanders Inspire was the first major league sporting event they’ve had the opportunity to see," said Islanders captain Bill Guerin on Sunday afternoon. "All of us at the Islanders are very proud to have been a part of the fist season of this charity and we really want to thank Rexcorp for making it happen."
RexCorp Islanders Inspire is an initiative developed by the Islanders following suggestions from long-time corporate sponsors and season ticketholders. The franchise and its extended family of sponsors and fans realized that so many continue to reflect on the experiences they had as children attending Islanders games, or more recently, as parents attending with their children.
Rexcorp Islanders Inspire provides the Long Island business community the opportunity to create those same memories for over 11,000 children on Long Island that might not otherwise get the chance. Because We're All Islanders.
Bill Guerin and Mike Comrie arrived for their introductory press conference in July with a charitable announcement they wanted to make on their own. Coincidentally, the Islanders had a brand new community initiative that was a perfect fit for the new Islanders' vision.
The Islanders have also provided bus transportation to and from the Nassau Coliseum. Said Bill Guerin's wife, Kara: "What you find is the transportation is every bit as important to the charities as the game tickets. Working with RexCorp Islanders Inspire, we've made this a day these children will never forget."
Said Rick DiPietro
: "It has been a privilege to play a part in Rexcorp Islanders Inspire this season. To make it possible for 11,000 children to see an Islanders game is a privilege for all of us. I’m very proud of what has been accomplished and I have no doubt the program will be taken to even greater heights with each season."Generous donors that contributed to Islanders Inspire throughout the season:
• Bill Guerin
• Mike Comrie
• Mike Sillinger
• Ruslan Fedotenko
• Jon Sim
• Rick DiPietro
• Josef Vasicek
• Islanders FSN TV Crew
• Kimco Realty Inspire
• Strategy XXI
• Michele Morck
• Bossy's Bunch
• Make a Wish Foundation
• Big Brothers Big Sisters
• Winthrop Buddies Program
• Schneider's Children's Hospital
• Starlight Starbright Children's Foundation
• North Shore LIJ
• Lisa Beth Gerstman Foundation
• Atlantic Audi
• Bide A Wee Home
• Duffy's Tri-C Supply Inc.
• Long Island Center for Digestive Health (LICDH)
• Hain Celestial
• Investment Technology
• KeyStone Electronics
• MSC Industrial Direct Co., Inc.
• OSI Pharmaceuticals
• PSP Sports
• Pulte Homes
• Sears Auto Body and Collision at Sears
• St. Joseph's College
• Tuscan Dairy
• Wachovia Corporation
• Winthrop University Hospital Charitable organizations that attended Monday's game included:
• Most Valuable Kids
• Cancer Care of Long Island
• Children's Tumor Foundation
• National Children's Leukemia Foundation
• Sunrise Day Camp
• Wantagh Sports Booster Club
• Ohel Children's Home
• Centereach Academic Center
• Project Challenge
• YMCA Bayshore
• Legal Aid Society
• St. Christopher Children's Home
• Gateway Youth Outreach Inc.
• Hempstead Boys and Girls Clubs
• Boys and Girls Club of the Bellport ABOUT REXCORP ISLANDERS INSPIRE
RexCorp Islanders Inspire is a turn-key program that is fully managed by the Islanders professional operations staff and includes the following benefits for the children:
• Block of 100 tickets ($50.00 face value)
• Round Trip Bus Transportation
• Islanders gift for each child PARTICIPATION BENEFITS INCLUDE:
• PA & scoreboard recognition of your community efforts
• Website recognition on newyorkislanders.com
• Signed Islanders hockey puck for the office
• Four(4)VIP tickets to corresponding game including hospitality and complimentary VIP parking.
Actual Value of Package- $7,675
Total Islanders Inspire Price- $3,600For more information, including donating or receiving Islanders Inspire tickets, visit www.islandersinspire.com, call (800) 882-ISLES, Ext. 3 or email IslandersInspire@newyorkislanders.com to speak to a representative now.