We will be hosting a Cool Bar at the Carolina Ale house in Cary for the Carolina Hurricanes vs. Phoenix Coyotes game and will be giving out OVER 50 PRIZES throughout the night. Puck drop is 9:00 p.m. but we will get the festivities started around 8:30.
If you have never been to a Cool Bar I wanted to give some background on the events that take place and open the opportunity for any questions. Also, see the end of the blog for a preview of what to expect on Saturday, February 7.
What is a Cool Bar?
In short, a Cool Bar offers fans a central spot to come together and watch the Carolina Hurricanes during a road game. We host ten a year and they take place among the various award-winning Carolina Ale House locations in the Triangle. We try to host them on different nights of the week throughout the year keeping in mind that everyone’s family and work schedules vary. Overall, Cool Bars allow you to watch the game with fellow fans, enjoy good food, win some prizes and have a fun night.
With that simple premise, we strive to make the game into an event and enhance the experience by raffling off prizes (including limited edition autographed items), conduct contests and add fun details all the way down to having the goal horn go off when the Hurricanes score.
The prizes can be won via free entry and a raffle in which tickets start as low as $1 with all proceeds going to the Kids N’ Community foundation (to date this year we have raised over $4,000 - THANK YOU!). A minimum of three prizes are given away every TV timeout. During the intermissions we host a trivia contest (mixture of Hurricanes and current event questions) and then a variety of other games like scavenger hunt, relay races, frozen t-shirts, puck stacking, Hurricanes pyramid and ‘Are you smarter then Stormy?” among others.
The event is hosted by Ron the Ref and we bring out Stormy, members of the Eye Care Associates Storm Squad and our promotions team.
What Should I Expect on Saturday, February 7?
- In total we will be giving away over 50 prizes.
- Attendees can win tickets to upcoming Carolina Hurricanes games
- One lucky attendee will have his/her name read on-air during the FS Carolinas broadcast by John Forslund or Tripp Tracy.
- Raffle items will include at least 15 autographed items, such as a team signed third jersey, Eric Staal signed photo, Cam Ward signed puck and other limited edition autographs
- Attendees can win merchandise from the team store, The Eye
- Representing the Eye Care Associate Storm Squad will be Ashley, Courtney and Catherine
- We will debut a new contest, play Hurricanes pyramid and Ron will be going through the crowd for Let’s Make a Deal
See you all on Saturday at the Carolina Ale in Cary and if you have any questions, just ask!