Many of you have already purchased your tickets to this year’s Casino Night and Wine Tasting presented by Convergence Technologies. Like most other special events (ex. The Grammy’s and Oscars), Casino Night is set for this Sunday night from 6:00-10:00 p.m. at the RBC Center.
This year’s “red carpet” event will feature close to 100 silent auction items, eight unique live auction items, a mystery puck fundraiser, raffle and enter-to-wins. Not to mention, your Carolina Hurricanes will all be there acting as dealers for half the night. So, if you haven’t already, be sure to purchase your tickets now! You can visit the Kids ‘N Community Foundation kiosk across from section 129 to purchase tickets at the game tonight. I’ve included a behind the scenes look at some highlights of this year’s Casino Night so you can know what to expect on Sunday.
This year, we are jumping on the technology touch-screen bandwagon and utilizing BidPal
. Bidpal is a wireless bidding device that will allow you to bid from anywhere on the arena floor. We are getting rid of the old school bid sheets. So, while you are playing blackjack and Eric Staal
is dealing your hand, you will not have to leave your seat to check on any items of interest. You can simply reach in your pocket or purse and keep up with your items from the palm of your hand. We are very excited about this technology, and we think that you all will find it very useful, convenient and advanced.
This year’s event features great silent auction items. Of course, the silent auction will be highlighted by the player baskets, which are made up of their favorite things, unique autographed items and sometimes even meet and greets or a Hurricanes bedroom. The baskets are slowly trickling in, but rumor on the street is that Eric Staal
is putting together an All-Star basket. Last year, Chad LaRose
included dinner with him at the Melting Pot, Erik Cole created an entire Hurricanes themed bedroom and Eric Staal
included a meet and greet with him (and his Olympic gold medal) after a game. It's guaranteed that you will find unique, one-of-a-kind items in the player baskets.
A few other silent auction items:
- A 2011 NHL All-Star Neon Bud Light signed by our four All-Stars
- Easy mini-vacations to Asheville, Wilmington, Baltimore, Charlotte, Chapel Hill and Washington, D.C. – experiences paired with these desitionations include a hot air balloon ride, Battleship N.C. tour, Orioles game and habor tour, Washington Nationals tickets and more!
- A new JBL Home Theatre System (valued at $17,000), thanks to our generous sponsor Convergence Technology
- Spa, Portrait and Golf packages
- A “team signed” Carolina Panthers replica helmet that is paired with two pre-game field passes before any 2011 Panthers' game (I’ve been lucky enough to experience this before a Panthers game, and it is truly an awesome experience!)
- Entertainment around Raleigh included tickets to the 2011 production of A Christmas Carol, NC Theatre productions, Symphony and Ballet concerts or a birthday party at Marbles
- RBC Center events: Monster Jam, Cirque du Soleil and Keith Urban
I could keep going on the silent auction items that we have. This is only a snapshot of what will be offered on Sunday. And, of course, we’ll have a live auction that features unique experiences with Hurricanes players that you can’t buy anywhere else.
- You could join the team for an official Team Photo – this picture is taken on March 21 this year, and we will get it professionally framed for you.
- Or, maybe you’d prefer 2 hours of unlimited go-karting, putt-putt and laser tag with Brandon Sutter and Jeff Skinner.
- Perhaps a Trip with the Team is more up your ally – this is always a hit, and you will enjoy a trip to a Canadian destination – fly on the team plane, eat team meals, stay at the team hotel and you’ll get tickets to that game as well.
- Or, you could join our NHL All-Stars for a four-course meal at Nina’s Italian Restaurant – we’ve done this the past few years with the Captains and the Olympians, and it has been a hit each time.
- You could go ahead and plan for next season by purchasing the Opening Night VIP Suite Experience (and meet and greet after the game) – you can decide between having a catered BBQ tailgate or a formal dinner in your own private suite.
- Bailey’s Fine Jewelry also donated a suite from their newest and hottest designer Ippolita. I saw the pieces today, and the bracelet, earrings and necklace are gorgeous.
Hopefully we will see you on Sunday. Your ticket gets you all-access to this great night – open bar, buffet, full casino games and, of course, access to your favorite Canes. All funds raised from Casino Night will benefit the Kids ‘N Community Foundation. We just received the most grant requests in our history, and proceeds from Casino Night will be donated directly to deserving non-profit children’s organizations this month.