* 10 players appeared in their first ever NHL preseason game (Connor Bunnaman, Anthony Salinitri, Alex Lyon, Roman Lyubimov, Philippe Myers, Reece Willcox, Pascal Laberge, Carsen Twarynski, Steven Swavely, Mark Zengerle)
FLYERS 0, NJ DEVILS 2
* Alex Lyon got the start in net and played the entire game, making 29 saves, all 13 he faced in the first period, including a great stop on D Andy Greene on a breakaway less than three minutes into the game.
Goaltender Alex Lyon: "They spent some time in our zone and had some of their big guns out there. To be honest they had a few shots but we did a good job with keeping them to the outside. They didn't really have any super grade A opportunities."
* Devils finally solved Lyon with just over two minutes left in the second period on their 21st shot of the game by Nick Lappin.
* Scott Laughton had a great opportunity in the slot in the second period but fired the puck high over Anders Lindback.
* Flyers defenseman Brandon Manning led all players in the game with five shots on goal.
* The Flyers had several power play opportunities in the game, including three in the third period, but could not convert. Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol said that the first few days of camp with as crowded as it is with players, there is no significant time to work on special teams.
* Lappin added his second goal of the game, an empty netter, to seal the victory for New Jersey.
* Ivan Provorov played nearly 29 minutes in his first preseason game (28:48) on 28 shifts. It was the most minutes of any player on either team. Of those minutes, 8:03 were on the team's power play.
Flyers Head Coach Dave Hakstol: "We wanted to see him in different situations and as long as he was handling those ice times we wanted him to play in those situations. There was no number in mind. I don't really want someone playing 27-28 minutes on night number one, but he was doing a good job."
FLYERS 0, NY ISLANDERS 3
* Anthony Stolarz got the start and played the entire way for the Flyers. He stopped all 24 shots through the first two periods before the Islanders scored early in the third period. He stopped 33 shots in total.
* Shane Prince, Joshua Ho-Sang and Michael Dal Colle all scored for the Islanders in the win.
* Nick Cousins got into a scrap with Islanders forward Ryan Strome early in the third period, then another fighting major, against Shane Prince late in the third period.
* Kevin Sundher led the team with four shots on goal, while five different players had three shots for the Flyers (Chris Conner, Will O'Neill, Sam Morin, Greg Carey & Samuel Dove-McFalls).
* Defenseman Will O'Neill led with a 21:40 of ice time for the Flyers, Michael Del Zotto (3:23) and Chris Conner (3:35) led the team in Brooklyn on the power play with over three minutes apiece.