1. HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Jake Voracek scored twice, but the Rangers scored first and got out to a 3-0 lead, while netminder Henrik Lundqvist stopped 30 shots to lead New York to a 5-2 win over the Flyers on Wednesday Night Rivalry.
Kevin Hayes and Michael Grabner scored two goals apiece as the Rangers outdistanced the Flyers. Hayes started the scoring 2:08 into the second period, and goals from Chris Kreider 5:01 into the third and Grabner with 8:47 left in the frame made it 3-0. Jake Voracek got one of the goals back on the power play 1:19 later , but that was answered by Hayes with 5:45 to play. Voracek got another one with 2:52 to go, only to see Grabner pot an empty netter with 2:15 left to seal it.
Henrik Lundquvist held the Flyers at bay on several occasions on the way to a 30-save win, while Steve Mason stopped 23 in the loss.
Video: Highlights, analysis, comments on 5-2 loss to Rangers2. THE TURNING POINT
Tonight's turning point came with the fourth Rangers goal, which came 1:43 after the Flyers finally beat Lundqvist and scored their first goal of the night and a comeback seeming possible… Kevin Hayes goal gave the Rangers their three-goal lead and despite another goal from Voracek, the game was out of reach.
3. THE THREE STARS
1 - Kevin Hayes: Recorded two goals on three shots and was a +3 on the night to give him points in four of his last five games for the Rangers.
2 - Henrik Lundqvist: Stopped all 20 shots through the first two periods and 30 of 32 in total to earn his 17th win of the year.
3 - Jakub Voracek: Recorded both Flyers goals, which extended his scoring lead on the team to 37 points in 40 games.
4. STATISTICALLY SPEAKING
* Jake Voracek posted his 17th career multi-goal game, his 14th as a Flyer and his third this season. The Flyers are 10-4 when Voracek scores more than one goal in a game; one of the other three losses came the last time he did it, on Oct. 29 vs. PIT.
* Voracek led the Flyers with seven shots on goal and 10 total attempts; Shayne Gostisbehere had four shots on goal and eight total attempts.
* The Flyers were outshot 6-1 over the first 10 minutes of the game and outshot the Rangers 31-22 the rest of the way. New York blocked 22 Flyer shot attempts.
* The Flyers were 64.4 percent on faceoffs as a team (38 for 59). Claude Giroux was 14-for-19 (74 pct) while Boyd Gordon was 6-for-7 (86 pct).
* The Flyers outhit the Rangers 35-28. Dale Weise was credited with six hits, while Brandon Manning and Brayden Schenn had five apiece.
* Steve Mason has started 16 of the last 17 games for the Flyers… Michal Neuvirth was in the lineup and dressed for the first time since Nov.
5. THEY SAID IT
"Maybe the second half of the game we pushed it a little too much and had to just stick with the system. It's frustrating right now, I don't think we are playing that bad of hockey, we just need to find a way."
- Claude Giroux
"We just have to go back to work. We have to go to the dirty areas and do what we have to do. We expect too much right now and I think we just have to go out there and play hockey."
- Shayne GostisbehereVideo: Hakstol comments on Flyers' 5-2 loss to Rangers