HERE'S WHAT HAPPENED
Claude Giroux scored a power play goal with 3:25 left in the second period and it stood up as the game-winner in a 3-2 victory over Columbus.
The Blue Jackets opened the scoring 4:51 into the contest on a goal by Nick Foligno. The Flyers evened the score when Tyler Pitlick scored with 1:22 left in the frame, but Seth Jones restored the lead 46 seconds later to give Columbus the 2-1 intermission lead.
Scott Laughton tied things up with his first of the year 3:19 into the second, and Giroux capitalized on the Flyers' fifth and final power play to close out the scoring.
Brian Elliott held off the Jackets throughout the third to earn the win, making 28 saves. Joonas Korpisalo stopped 19 shots in the loss.
1st: Claude Giroux (game-winning goal)
2nd: Oliver Bjorkstrand (1a, +1)
3rd: Brian Elliott (28 of 30 shots)
The captain's power-play goal turned the tide in this one... After failing to capitalize on the first four attempts, Giroux snapped a puck that deflected twice and found it's way past Korpisalo... The tally gave the Flyers a 3-2 lead and snapped the see-saw battle of scoring that saw Columbus take the lead twice.Video: PHI@CBJ: Giroux rips a shot past Korpisalo for a PPG
* Three failed power plays and a Seth Jones in the final minute of the first period -- a quick response to Tyler Pitlick's 2nd goal of the season -- sent the Flyers to the first intermission trailing 2-1.
* The frustration of a fourth failed power play was lifted by Scott Laughton's goal off a perfect feed from Joel Farabee. The fifth time was the charm on the power play, as Claude Giroux gave Philly the lead.
* Brian Elliott came up big in the third period with 15 saves to nail down the win in regulation. Video: PHI@CBJ: Elliott makes great between the legs stop
* The Flyers earned their first win in regulation at Nationwide Arena in Columbus in nearly 14 years, since Dec. 13, 2005.
* The Flyers have earned points in four straight (3-0-1) and ran their November record to 8-2-4 for 20 points on the month.
* Ivan Provorov led the Flyers in ice time (25:20)... Morgan Frost led the team in shots (3)... Nine Flyers recorded a point in the game with no players recording two points.
* The Flyers play the first of a back-to-back in their annual Black Friday game when they welcome the Detroit Red Wings in a 4 p.m. puck drop on NBCSP & 97.5 The Fanatic.
THEY SAID IT
Video: Hear from Giroux, Laughton and Elliott following winVideo: Hear from Flyers coach following win over CBJ