In an effort to encourage early arrivals for an evening Philadelphia Flyers game at the Wachovia Center, Comcast-Spectacor will open the AT&T Pavilion inside the arena early on Thursday, October 8 at 2:30 p.m. to allow fans who would like to watch the afternoon baseball playoffs. The AT&T Pavilion, which is located on the 11th Street side of the Wachovia Center, features 30 high definition flat screen TVs, delicious food from Chickie’s & Pete’s, and cold soft drinks from Pepsi and Budweiser. No ticket is required to enter the AT&T Pavilion until 5:30 p.m.
Later that evening, the Flyers will host the defending Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins at the Wachovia Center, beginning at 7 p.m.
“While we want to encourage our fans to arrive earlier than usual to avoid any traffic delays, we also know how excited the City is about the Phillies right now,” said Flyers Senior Vice President Shawn Tilger. “Now, Flyers fans can come early, enjoy watching the Phillies game in the AT&T Pavilion with other Flyers fans and avoid any traffic delays.”
In addition, the Flyers are offering anyone attending the baseball game to bring their ticket stub to the Wachovia Center box office at the end of the baseball game where they then can purchase a $25 ticket to the Flyers game that evening.
Tickets to all Flyers home games are on sale exclusively through ComcastTIX by clicking here
or calling 1-800-298-4200. ARRIVAL TIPS:
In addition to arriving early, Comcast-Spectacor is offering the following advice on traveling to the Sports Complex in South Philadelphia:
· Exiting I-95 at Packer Avenue and turning left onto 7th Street or Darien Street to park in lots east of Citizens Bank Park or turning left onto 10th Street and park in former site of Veterans Stadium lot.
· Exiting I-76 at Packer Avenue and turning left onto 7th Street or Darien Street to park in lots east of Citizens Bank Park or turning left onto 10th Street and park in former site of Veterans Stadium lot.
· Taking I-95 North to Platt Bridge and exit onto Route 291. Take Penrose Avenue to Pattison Avenue and park in lots along Pattison Avenue.
· Fans should park in the first lot available for cash parking.
· Variable message signs will be operating throughout the entire Sports Complex advising motorists of available lots.
· SEPTA will operate trains on the Broad Street line from Fern Rock Station in North Philadelphia, through City Hall, to Pattison Avenue in South Philadelphia during all events at the Complex. Fans may call SEPTA at 215-580-7800 or long onto septa.org for updated schedules.
· Parking, in addition to the lots that surround Citizens Bank Park and the Wachovia Center and Wachovia Spectrum, is also available in FDR Park, the former Naval Hospital site on Pattison Avenue and a lot on the east side of 7th Street and Pattison Avenue.