OTF: Flyers recall Aube-Kubel, Goulbourne
Club also loans Mikhail Vorobyev to Lehigh Valley Phantomsby PhiladelphiaFlyers.com @NHLFlyers
The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have recalled forwards Nicolas Aube-Kubel and Tyrell Goulbourne from their AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
In addition, the club has loaned forward Mikhail Vorobyev to the Phantoms.
Below are news & notes on each player:
NICOLAS AUBE-KUBEL (au-BE ku-BEL)
POSITION: Right Wing
DRAFTED: 2014 (2nd Round, 48th Overall - Philadelphia Flyers)
AGE: 22 (5-10-1996)
BORN: Sorel, Quebec
VITALS: 5'11", 187 pounds
* This is Aube-Kubel's first recall to the NHL. He will wear uniform #62.
* In his third full season since turning pro, Aube-Kubel has three goals and four assists for seven points in his first eight games with the Phantoms, as well as a plus-minus of +6.
* He appeared in four preseason games for the Flyers where he averaged 13:05 of ice time and had 12 total hits.
* Last season, he posted 46 points (18g-28a) in 72 games and led the team with a plus-minus rating of +24.
TYRELL GOULBOURNE (GOAL-borne)
POSITION: Left Wing
DRAFTED: 2013 (3rd Round, 72nd Overall - Philadelphia Flyers)
AGE: 24 (1-26-1994)
BORN: Edmonton, Alberta
VITALS: 5'11", 195 pounds
* This is Goulbourne's first recall this season to the Flyers. He will wear uniform #39.
* He appeared in two preseason games with the Flyers and has posted three points (1g-2a) in seven games with the Phantoms so far this season, his fourth with the organization since turning pro.
* Last season, Goulbourne made his NHL debut on Jan. 6, 2018 vs. St. Louis where he recorded 5:23 of ice time and was a +1... As a rookie, he appeared in nine games for the Flyers in 2017-18 where he logged an average of 5:35 of ice time and had 15 hits.
In addition, the club has loaned forward Mikhail Vorobyev to the Phantoms and placed forward Corban Knight on Injured Reserve.
For Knight, he suffered an upper-body injury in the first period of Saturday's game against the Islanders and did not return. He has appeared in three games for the Flyers this season, averaging 7:16 of ice time.
For Vorobyev, he returns to the Phantoms after making the Flyers season-opening roster out of training camp.
He appeared in seven games, recording a goal and an assist for two points while averaging 11:45 of ice time as a rookie. He made his NHL debut on Oct. 4 at Vegas, where he recorded his first NHL point (an assist), and scored his first NHL goal in the following game on Oct. 6 at Colorado.
He led the Flyers in preseason scoring with seven points (2g-5a) while appearing in seven out of a possible eight games.