Mika Zibanejad was the sole successful shootout shooter in a 2-1 SOW for the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
Lias Andersson put New York up 1-0 with just under 13 seconds left in the first period, but the Flyers answered that goal with a tally from Travis Konecny 6:26 into the second.
The Flyers weren't able to solve Henrik Lundqvist the rest of the way despite several good chances; Lundqvist ended up with 32 saves in the win, while Carter Hart stopped 31 in the loss.
NEWS, NOTES & OBSERVATIONS
* Tonight was the second straight preseason game the Flyers went past regulation and their third overall out of six games thus far, but first to be decided in a shootout.
* Carter Hart went the distance in this game, stopping 31 of 32 shots. The lone goal was the first he has allowed in the preseason - he has 56 saves on 57 shots through 135 minutes of action.
* Travis Konecny scored his second of the preseason... Claude Giroux picked up the assist, his fourth of the preseason to lead the team.Video: PHI@NYR: Konecny nets goal off defender's skate
* Kevin Hayes recorded an assist, giving him three points (1g-2a) in four games... He also had three hits and three blocked shots while going 12-for-19 in the faceoff circle.
* Joel Farabee led the Flyers with five shots on goal and 10 total attempts.
* The Rangers outshot the Flyers by an 11-2 margin the third period, but the Flyers had the overall edge, 33-32, including 4 to 1 in overtime.
* Ivan Provorov played 27:02, recording two shots, two hits and a takeaway... Robert Hagg recorded seven hits and two blocked shots.
* The game concluded the Flyers preseason slate in North America. They posted a 1-2-3 record and now head to Lausanne, Switzerland to play their final tuneup before the regular season... The Global Series Challenge game will come against Lausanne HC on Monday, Sept. 30 at 1 p.m. ET.