The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have signed center Kevin Hayes to a seven-year contract worth an average annual value (AAV) of $7.14 million, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
"We are very happy to sign Kevin to a long term contract," said Fletcher. "He plays a smart, two-way game and is just entering the prime of his career. Kevin will add size and skill to our line-up."
Below are notes on Hayes' career:
KEVIN HAYES (HAYZ)
DRAFTED: 2010 - 1st Round (24th overall) by Chicago Blackhawks
AGE: 27 (5-8-1992)
BORN: Dorchester, Massachusetts
VITALS: 6'5", 216 pounds
* He is signed through the 2025-26 season.
* Hayes was acquired by the Flyers on June 3 from the Winnipeg Jets for a fifth round pick in this year's draft... He was due to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
* He split last season between the NY Rangers and the Jets where he posted a career-high 55 points (19g-36a) in 71 games.
* He was acquired by the Jets at the 2019 NHL Trade Deadline and posted 13 points (5g-8a) in 20 games with Winnipeg, and added three points (2g-1a) in six playoff games.
* Over parts of five seasons in the NHL, he has a career total of 92 goals and 137 assists for 229 points in 381 career games to go along with a career plus-minus of +28.
* He played for Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault in New York for the first four years of his career (2014-2018).
* He spent four years at Boston College, where he recorded nearly a point per-game with 132 points (44g-88a) in 142 games.
* He also helped the Eagles win an NCAA Championship in 2012 and was a finalist for the Hobey Baker Award (Top Collegiate Player) in 2014.
Inside Edge is the reimagined Philadelphia Flyers season ticket membership for the 2019-20 season. With Exclusive access, Discounts, Guarantees and Experiences, Flyers season ticket members get to reap the benefits meant only for insiders.
Be part of the Inside Edge next season by clicking HERE.