The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed 2018 first-round draft pick, Joel Farabee, to an entry-level contract, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher. The contract will take effect at the start of the 2019-20 season.
Below are news & notes on Farabee:
JOEL FARABEE (FAIR - uh - BEE)
POSITION: Left Wing
DRAFTED: 1st Round, 14th overall (2018)
TEAM/LEAGUE: Boston University - Hockey East (NCAA)
AGE: 19 (2-25-2000)
BORN: Cicero, New York
VITALS: 6'1", 170 pounds
* As a Freshman at Boston University, he led the team in nearly every offensive category, including goals (17), assists (19) and overall points (36) in 37 games played.
* He led the team with five game-winning goals and tied for the lead in power-play goals (5) and power-play points (15).
* His 17 goals were tied for second, and 36 points finished third among all NCAA Rookies in scoring... In addition, he led all NCAA Freshmen in shots on goal (131) and shorthanded goals (3).
* In the Hockey East Quarterfinal series against UMASS-Lowell, Farabee posted four goals and five points in the three-game series win.
* He was recently named the 2018-19 Hockey East Rookie of the Year.
* Farabee also represented TEAM USA at the 2019 IIHF World Junior Championships, where he helped lead them to a silver medal.
* He recorded five points (3g-2a) and a +2 rating, appearing in all seven games of the tournament.
* After returning from the World Junior Championships, Farabee recorded 25 points (13g-12a) in 21 games, which T-7th among all players in the NCAA.