The Philadelphia Flyers have recalled defenseman Mark Friedman from their American Hockey League affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, today.
In addition, the club has also loaned defenseman Philippe Myers to Lehigh Valley, according to Executive Vice President and General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Friedman will wear jersey #59 and be available for the Flyers-Hurricanes game on Saturday at the Wells Fargo Center (7:00 p.m., NBCSP & 97.5 The Fanatic).
Below are news & notes on Friedman:
MARK FRIEDMAN (FREED-man)
DRAFTED: 2014 Flyers (3rd Round, 86th Overall)
YEARS PRO: 2nd Season (AHL)
AGE: 23 (12-25-1995)
BORN: Toronto, Ontario
VITALS: 5'11", 185 pounds
* Should he be in the lineup, he will make his NHL debut, making him the fifth player to make his NHL debut this season for the Flyers coming from the Phantoms (Aube-Kubel, Hart, Myers & Vorobyev).
* In his second full professional season, Friedman leads the Phantoms in games played (71) and has posted five goals and 19 assists for 24 points with all four categories a career high from his rookie season.
* He posted 16 points (2g-14a) in 65 games as a rookie in 2017-18.
* The Flyers signed Friedman to an entry-level contract on March 21, 2017, turning pro at the beginning of the 2017-18 season.
* He spent three seasons at Bowling Green State University where he recorded 68 points (16g-52a) in 121 games with a career plus-minus of +21... He was named to First team All-WCHA in 2015-16 and as a Freshman in 2014-15, he was named to the WCHA All-Rookie Team.