The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have re-signed forward Jordan Weal to a two-year contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Weal recently completed his second season with the Flyers in 2016-17 after being acquired via trade midway through the 2015-16 season. Below are news & notes on Weal:
DRAFTED: 2010 (3rd Round, 70th Overall) - Los Angeles Kings
AGE: 25 (4-15-92)
BORN: North Vancouver, British Columbia
VITALS: 5'10", 179 pounds
- Was recalled by the Flyers on Feb. 10 and remained with the team for the rest of the season, recording eight goals and 12 points in 23 games.
- Since recording his first NHL goal on Feb. 28, he finished the season leading the Flyers in goal-scoring with his eight tallies, while also recording his 12 points in 19 games.
- Weal led all rookies in the month of March with six goals.
- At the time of his recall from the AHL, Weal led the Phantoms in assists (32) and overall scoring with 47 points in 43 games. His 47 points also ranked second overall in the League.
- Weal was acquired by the Flyers on Jan. 6, 2016 in exchange for Vincent Lecavalier and defenseman Luke Schenn to the Los Angeles Kings.