The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have re-signed goaltender Brian Elliott to a one-year contract extension worth an average annual value (AAV) of $2.0 million, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
"Brian has played well for us the last two seasons," said Fletcher. "He is a proven, quality goaltender who competes and battles hard every time he has the net. We are excited to have him rejoin our team."
Below are notes on Elliott:
DRAFTED: 2003 by Ottawa Senators (9th Round, 291st Overall)
BORN: (04/09/1985) Newmarket, Ontario
VITALS: 6'2", 209 pounds
Video: Brian Elliott wears GoPro at Stadium Series practice
* The contract will run through the 2019-20 season.
* Elliott posted an 11-11-1 record last season with a 2.96 goals-against average and .907 save percentage... He was limited to 26 games, including 23 starts, due to injury.
* He started the 2019 Stadium Series game at Lincoln Financial Field, stopping 40 of 43 shots to help the Flyers earn a 4-3 overtime win against the Pittsburgh Penguins on Feb. 23.
* Elliott was also the Flyers nominee for the 2018-19 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the Philadelphia Chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers Association.
* He will enter his third season with the Flyers since signing as a free agent on July 1, 2017... In two seasons with the club, he has a combined record of 34-22-8 with a 2.77 GAA and .908 save percentage.
* In total, Elliott will enter his 13th season in the NHL after making his NHL debut in 2007-08... He has a career mark of 225-139-43 in 441 regular season games with a 2.48 GAA and .912 save percentage.
* Elliott is a two-time NHL All-Star, being named to the 2012 and 2015 NHL All-Star Games, and was awarded the William Jennings Trophy given to the goaltender with the lowest goals-against average in 2011-12 with the St. Louis Blues when he had a 1.56 GAA and save percentage of .940, both of which led all NHL goaltenders.
Guarantee a spot for the 2019-20 season by becoming an Inside Edge member. LEARN MORE HERE.