The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have re-signed defenseman Samuel Morin to a multi-year contract, according to GM Ron Hextall.
Below are news & notes of Morin's career:
SAMUEL MORIN (D)
DRAFTED: 2013 (1st Round, 11th Overall) - Philadelphia Flyers
AGE: 22 (7-12-1995)
BORN: Lac Beauport, Quebec
VITALS: 6'6", 227 pounds
* Morin recently completed his third season with the organization coming off the Entry Level Contract he signed on Sept. 17, 2013.
* He appeared in two games with the Flyers where he went scoreless with a +1 rating and averaged 15:49 of ice time.
* He was injured throughout most of the 2017-18 season and was limited to 15 regular season games with the Lehigh Valley Phantoms... During that 15-game stretch, he recorded seven points (1g-6a) and a +4 rating.
* He also appeared in three games for the Phantoms in the Calder Cup Playoffs
* Morin appeared in 150 out of a possible 152 games for the Phantoms in his first two seasons, as well as all five of the club's Calder Cup Playoff games in 2017.
* In his junior career, Morin helped Team Canada earn a gold medal at the 2015 World Junior Championships where he appeared in all seven games in the tournament.
* He also helped his junior team, Rimouski Oceanic, win the QMJHL Championship in 2015, recording 11 points (1g-10a) in 19 games, while also appearing in all four games of the Memorial Cup Tournament.