The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have re-signed defenseman Robert Hagg to a two-year contract extension, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Hagg recently completed his rookie season with the Flyers. Below are news & notes on Hagg's career:
ROBERT HAGG (pronounced: HAYG)
DRAFTED: 2013 (2nd Round, 41st Overall) - Philadelphia Flyers
AGE: 23 (2-8-1995)
BORN: Uppsala, Sweden
VITALS: 6'2", 205 pounds
* After making the Flyers roster out of training camp, he recorded nine points (3g-6a) to go along with a plus-minus rating of +5 in 70 regular season games as a rookie.
* He appeared in two Stanley Cup Playoff games in the first round series against the Pittsburgh Penguins, recording a +1 rating while averaging 11:50 of ice time.
* During the regular season, he averaged 18:08 of ice time and led all NHL rookies in hits (238), which also tied for seventh in the NHL among all players.
* He recorded his first NHL goal on Dec. 20 in a 4-3 victory over Detroit... He also made his NHL debut during the 2016-17 season on Apr. 9 vs. Carolina.
* Prior to joining the Flyers full-time in 2017-18, Hagg spent four-years with the club's American Hockey League affiliate, the Adirondack/Lehigh Valley Phantoms, where he recorded a total of 50 points (16g-34a) and 142 penalty minutes in 202 regular season games.
* Internationally, Hagg has participated in several tournaments for Sweden including three World Junior Championships where he won back-to-back Silver medals in 2013 and 2014.