The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have signed goaltender Anthony Stolarz to a one-year, two-way contract, according to general manager Ron Hextall.
Stolarz recently completed his fourth season with the Flyers. Below are news & notes on Stolarz career:
ANTHONY STOLARZ (G)
DRAFTED: 2012 (2nd Round, 45th Overall) - Philadelphia Flyers
AGE: 24 (1-20-1994) | BORN: Edison, NJ
VITALS: 6'6", 210 pounds | CATCHES: Left
* Stolarz missed nearly the entire 2017-18 season after he underwent surgery on his left knee to repair a meniscus tear just prior to training camp in September of 2017.
* He appeared in one game with the Phantoms this past season and three games with the Flyers' ECHL affiliate, the Reading Royals, on rehab assignment in March of 2018 where he went 1-1-1 with a 3.02 GAA and .902 save percentage.
* Prior to the 2017-18 season, Stolarz made his NHL debut with the Flyers on Nov. 27, 2016 where he stopped 29 of 32 shots to earn his first career win in a 5-3 victory over the Calgary Flames.
* He became the first New Jersey born goaltender in NHL history to start in a regular season game.
* In his second career NHL start, he stopped all 28 shots for a 1-0 overtime win at Detroit for his first NHL shutout… The game was also the Flyers final game at Detroit's Joe Louis Arena.
* Overall in his NHL career, he has appeared in seven games for the Flyers, posting a 2-1-1 record with a 2.07 GAA and .928 save percentage.
* In his AHL career, Stolarz has a 48-41-11 record in 108 appearances with a 2.90 goals-against average and .911 save percentage... In 2015-16, he was named to the 2016 AHL All-Star Classic.
* Stolarz was the Flyers Second Round pick (45th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.