- The Flyers have a 3-7-1 record for seven points through 11 games. They are in fifth place in the Atlantic Division.
- The Flyers have a 2-2-1 record in five home games and a 1-5-0 record in six road games.
- The Flyers are 30th in the NHL in goals for (22 goals in 11 games, 2.00 goals per game). The Flyers are 28th in the NHL in goals-against average (3.76 GAA). The Flyers are 30th in the NHL on the power play at 8.6% (six goals in 70 attempts). The Flyers are 13th in the NHL in penalty killing at 85.4% (eight goals allowed in 55 attempts against).
- Peter Forsberg (5G,4A) and Mike Knuble (4G,5A) are tied for the team lead in scoring with nine points. Simon Gagne has scored six goals to lead the team. Joni Pitkanen leads the team in assists with eight.
- Thursday's game vs. Tampa Bay is the fourth game of a five-game homestand. The team has a 2-1-0 record through the first three games. The Flyers play four of their next five games at home.
Total Man-Games Lost to Injury: 19 Boyd Kane (LW) - Has missed the last three games due to a high-ankle sprain to his right leg sustained at Florida on Oct. 20...Will be out of action indefinitely. Mike Knuble (RW) - Missed game vs. Chicago on Monday due to a broken middle finger on his left hand sustained vs. Pittsburgh on Saturday...Will be out of action for two weeks.
Games This Week:
- Flyers vs. Tampa Bay on Thursday, Nov. 2: This is the second of four meetings between these two teams this season. The Flyers lost the first meeting, 4-1 at Tampa Bay on Oct. 19. The Flyers lost the 2005-06 season series to the Lightning, losing all four games. The Flyers have lost their last nine games against the Lightning. The Flyers' last win against the Lightning was on April 4, 2003, 4-1 at Tampa Bay. Thursday's game will be televised by Comcast SportsNet and broadcast by 610 WIP, starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Flyers vs. Washington on Saturday, Nov. 4: This is the first of four meetings between these two teams this season. The Flyers won the 2005-06 season series against the Capitals with a 3-0-1 record. The Flyers have a 16-game undefeated streak against the Capitals in Philadelphia. The Flyers' last loss against the Capitals in Philadelphia was on Jan. 31, 1998 (3-2 in overtime). Saturday's game will be televised by Comcast SportsNet and broadcast by 610 WIP, starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Flyers at Toronto on Monday, Nov. 6: This is the first of four meetings between these two teams this season. The Flyers lost the 2005-06 season series with a 1-3-0 record. Monday's game will be televised by Comcast SportsNet and broadcast by 610 WIP, starting at 7:30 p.m.