- The Flyers have a 37-21-10 record for 84 points through 68 games. They are second in the Atlantic Division, fifth in the Eastern Conference and tied for eighth overall in the NHL. The Flyers have won two of their last three games (4-0 win at Florida on Wednesday, March 15, 6-3 loss at Tampa Bay on Friday, March 17 and 4-2 win at Atlanta on Saturday, March 18).
- The Flyers are on pace to win 40 games for the sixth consecutive season and for the ninth time in 10 seasons. The Flyers are on pace to record 100 points for the third consecutive season and for the fifth time in six seasons. The Flyers have finished in first or second place in the Atlantic Division for last 10 seasons (winning the Division Championship five times).
- The Flyers have 14 games left in the regular season, including seven at home and seven on the road. The Flyers have 10 games left against Atlantic Division opponents (four at home and six on the road).
- The Flyers have an 18-10-6 record for 42 points through 34 home games and a 19-11-4 record for 42 points through 34 road games. Their 42 points earned in road games is fifth most in the NHL.
- The Flyers have a 32-18-8 record against Eastern Conference opponents and 13-6-3 record against Atlantic Division opponents this season.
- Center Peter Forsberg is tied for 23rd in the NHL in scoring with 67 points and is tied for 10th in the NHL in assists with 50, despite missing 17 games due to injury. Forsberg is third in the NHL in assists per game (Forsberg = 0.98 assists per game; behind San Jose's Joe Thornton at 1.14 assists per game and Ottawa's Jason Spezza at 1.00 assists per game).
- Left wing Simon Gagne is tied for 23rd in the NHL in scoring with 67 points, is tied for sixth in the NHL in goals with 39 and is tied for seventh in the NHL in plus/minus with a +27 rating, despite missing 10 games due to injury this season. His 39 goals this season are a new career high and his 67 points this season are a new career high. He is tied for second in the NHL in goals per game, averaging 0.67 goals per game this season.
- Forsberg leads the team in assists (50) and is tied for first on the team in points (67).
- Gagne leads the team in goals (39), plus/minus (+27), power play goals (11) and shots (271). He is tied for first on the team in points with 67.
- Right wing Mike Knuble is the only Flyer to appear in all 68 of the team's games this season.
- Defenseman Joni Pitkanen is tied for 24th among defensemen in scoring with 36 points (11G,25A). He has set new career highs for goals (8, 2003-04), assists (19, 2003-04) and points (27, 2003-04) in a season, despite missing 24 games due to injury. Pitkanen ranks seventh among defensemen in points per game at 0.82 points per game.
- The Flyers are one of two teams in the NHL (Pittsburgh is the other) with three players ranked among the top 20 rookies in points (Jeff Carter - 11th with 32 points, Mike Richards - 15th with 30 points and R.J. Umberger - tied for 18th with 27 points).
- Goaltender Antero Niittymaki is third among rookie goalies is wins with 20. Niittymaki's 20 wins are the most by a Flyers rookie goaltender since Brian Boucher won 20 games during the 1999-2000 season.
- The Flyers lead the NHL in man-games lost due to injury at 335.
Games This Week:
- Flyers vs. New Jersey Devils on Tuesday, March 21: This is the fifth of eight games between these two teams this season. The Flyers and Devils have split the first four games with the Flyers winning both games in Philadelphia, 5-2 on Oct. 7 and 2-1 on Nov. 30. The Devils have won both games in New Jersey, 3-0 on Jan. 9 and 2-1 in a shootout on March 1. The Flyers have won their last four games against the Devils in Philadelphia. The Flyers' last loss against the Devils in Philadelphia was on Dec. 13, 2003, 2-0. The game is on Comcast SportsNet and WIP 610-AM, starting at 7:00 p.m.
The Devils have lost three of their last four games.
- Flyers at New York Rangers on Wednesday, March 22: This is the sixth of eight games between these two teams this season. The Flyers have won only two of the first five games; winning both games in New York in overtime - 4-3 on Jan. 5 and 3-2 on Jan. 30. The Flyers have won their last six games at New York. The Flyers' last loss against the Rangers in New York was on March 7, 2003, 5-1. The Rangers' Jaromir Jagr
leads all players in series scoring with 11 points (6G,5A) in the five games. Wednesday's game is on Comcast SportsNet and WIP 610-AM, starting at 7:00 p.m.
- Flyers vs. Ottawa Senators on Saturday, March 25: This is the fourth and final game between these two teams this season. The Flyers have won two of the first three games; winning 5-3 at Ottawa on Oct. 30 and 4-3 in Philadelphia on Dec. 22 and losing 3-2 at Ottawa on Feb. 11. Flyers left wing Simon Gagne leads all players in series scoring with five points (3G,2A) in the three games. Saturday's game is on Comcast SportsNet and WIP 610-AM, starting at 7:00 p.m.
Dates To Remember:
- March 26: Flyers Fight For Lives Carnival at Wachovia Center
- April 21: NHL Playoffs begin