The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have agreed to terms with restricted free agent forward Travis Konecny on a six-year contract worth an average annual value (AAV) of $5.5 million, according to President of Hockey Operations & General Manager Chuck Fletcher.
"We are happy to have Travis under contract for the next six seasons," said Fletcher. "Travis has shown progression in each of his three seasons and is an integral part of our group of young forwards. His speed, skill and tenacity sets him apart in today's NHL."
"I'm really excited about signing with the Flyers and being able to call Philadelphia home for the next six years," Konecny said. "I can't wait to get back with my teammates and to start a new relationship with the coaching staff. It's on me now to work hard and make up for the couple days I wasn't able to be here."
Below are notes on Konecny & his career with the Flyers:
TRAVIS KONECNY (koh-NEHK-nee)
DRAFTED: 2015 - 1st Round (24th overall) by Flyers
AGE: 22 (3-11-1997)
BORN: London, Ontario
VITALS: 5'10", 175 pounds
* The contract will run through the 2024-25 season.
* In three seasons in the NHL, all with the Flyers, Konecny has 124 points (59g-65a) in 233 games, while also increasing his overall point total for three straight seasons.
* This past season, he posted a new career high in assists (25) and points (49), while also tying his career-best in goals (24).
* He finished third on the team in goals (24), while his 49 points ranked fourth on the Flyers.
* Over the last two seasons, Konecny has appeared in 163 of 164 possible games, while he has only missed 13 total games since making his NHL debut in 2016-17.
* Konecny ranks seventh among all players in the 2015 NHL Draft Class in goals (59) and ninth in overall points (124).