The Philadelphia Flyers have traded forward Taylor Leier to the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for right wing Justin Bailey, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are news & notes on Bailey's career:
POSITION: Right Wing
DRAFTED: 2013 - 2nd Round (52nd overall) by Buffalo Sabres
AGE: 23 (7-1-1995)
BORN: Buffalo, NY
VITALS: 6'4", 214 pounds
* He is currently with the Sabres' American Hockey League affiliate, the Rochester Americans, where he has 20 points (9g-11a) in 37 games.
* Last season, he split time between the Americans and the NHL with the Sabres. He recorded three goals and four points in 12 games with Buffalo.
* Over parts of three seasons with the Sabres, Bailey has five goals and eight points in 52 regular season games.
* He has also recorded 116 points (62g-54a) in 196 career AHL games in four seasons with Rochester.
Notes on Leier's career with the Flyers:
* Leier was the Flyers fourth-round pick (117th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. He spent parts of three seasons with the Flyers, where he posted seven points (2g-5a) in 55 career regular season games.
* In addition, Leier had 10 goals and 19 points in 34 games for the Flyers' AHL affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, this season. Overall, he accumulated 136 points (56g-80a) in 226 regular season games with the Phantoms in parts of four seasons from 2014-19.