The Philadelphia Flyers have acquired forward Ryan Hartman and a conditional fourth round draft pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft from the Nashville Predators, in exchange for Wayne Simmonds.
The announcement came from Flyers Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are News & Notes on Hartman's career:
POSITION: Right Wing
DRAFTED: 2013 - 1st Round (30th overall) by Chicago Blackhawks
AGE: 24 (9-20-1994)
BORN: Hilton Head, South Carolina
VITALS: 6'0", 181 pounds
* Hartman has appeared in all 64 games for Nashville this season where he has recorded 20 points (10g-10a), including two game-winning goals... He averaged 13:26 of ice time, 12:34 of which were even-strength.
* He is in his fifth season in the NHL and has a total of 40 goals and 83 points in 226 regular season games to go along with career +19 rating.
* He has added two goals and three points in 13 career Stanley Cup Playoff games, all of which came last season with the Predators' nine postseason games.
* In his first full season in the NHL with the Blackhawks, he posted 19 goals and 31 points in 76 games... He matched his career high in points (31) the very next season split between Nashville and Chicago.
* He was teammates with Shayne Gostisbehere on Team USA that won gold medal the 2013 World Junior Championship.
WAYNE SIMMONDS & HIS FLYERS CAREER:
* Simmonds departs the Flyers after spending the last eight seasons in Orange & Black, including the last five seasons as the club's alternate captain... He has 16 goals and 11 assists for 27 points in 62 games this season.
* He has over 200 goals (203) and 175 assists for 378 points in 584 games for the Flyers and has also added 15 points (5g-10a) in 30 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
* Since he was acquired in the summer of 2011, Simmonds' 203 goals leads all Flyers over the past eight seasons, which also includes leading the team in both power-play goals (91), game-winning goals (34), as well as penalty minutes (784).
* During his tenure with the Flyers, he recorded a career-high 32 goals and tied his career-best 60 points during the 2015-16 season... He was named to his first NHL mid-season All-Star Team and won the Bobby Clarke Trophy as the Flyers Most Valuable Player.
* Simmonds' 91 power-play goals rank 7th all-time in Flyers history, while his 203 goals are 14th in franchise history.
* The Flyers acquired Simmonds on June 23, 2011 from the Los Angeles Kings along with forward Brayden Schenn and the Kings' 2nd round pick in 2012 NHL Draft for Mike Richards and Rob Bordson.