The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have acquired forward Kevin Hayes from the Winnipeg Jets in exchange for a fifth round pick in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, according to Executive Vice President & General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
"By gaining the rights to Kevin at this time, it provides us with an opportunity to negotiate with him prior to July 1 when he is due to become an unrestricted free agent," said Fletcher.
KEVIN HAYES (HAYZ)
DRAFTED: 2010 - 1st Round (24th overall) by Chicago Blackhawks
AGE: 27 (5-8-1992)
BORN: Dorchester, Massachusetts
VITALS: 6'5", 216 pounds
* Hayes split last season between the NY Rangers and Winnipeg Jets where he posted a career-high 55 points (19g-36a) in 71 games.
* He was acquired by the Jets at the 2019 NHL Trade Deadline where he posted 13 points (5g-8a) in 20 games, and added three points (2g-1a) in six playoff games.
* Over parts of five seasons in the NHL, he has a career total of 92 goals and 137 assists for 229 points in 381 career games to go along with a career plus-minus of +28.
* He played for Flyers head coach Alain Vigneault in New York for the first four years of his career (2014-2018).
* Spent four years, and was a standout at Boston College, where he helped the Eagles win an NCAA Championship in 2012.
* Hayes is due to become an unrestricted free agent this summer (July 1).