The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have acquired forward Valtteri Filppula, Tampa Bay's 4th round selection in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft and a conditional 7th round selection in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft from Tampa Bay in exchange for defenseman, Mark Streit.
Below are some news & notes on Filppula:
VALTTERI FILPPULA (C)
PREVIOUS TEAM: Tampa Bay Lightning
DRAFTED: 2002 (3rd Round, 95th Overall) - Detroit Red Wings
BORN: Vantaa, Finland
VITALS: 6'0", 196 pounds
- In 59 games with the Lightning, Filppula has seven goals and 27 assists for 34 points, while averaging 17:30 of ice time this season, his fourth with Tampa Bay.
- As a member of the Lightning, he has recorded 171 points (52g-119a) in 292 regular season games, while adding in five goals and 17 assists for 23 points 47 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
- Over parts of 12 seasons in the NHL with the Lightning and Detroit Red Wings, Filppula has recorded 152 goals and 270 assists for 422 points in 775 regular season games, as well as owning an all-time plus-minus record of +29.
- He has also added 79 points (24g-55a) in 152 Stanley Cup Playoff games.
- Filppula was a member of the Red Wings Stanley Cup Championship team in 2008, where he recorded 11 points (5g-6a) in 22 playoff games.
- Has appeared in three Stanley Cup Finals (DET: 2008 & 2009, TBL: 2015) and has never missed playoffs in 10 seasons his team has qualified (DET: 7, TBL: 3)
- Internationally, he has skated for Finland at 2016 World Cup of Hockey, 2012 World Championships, 2010 Olympic Games in Vancouver and the 2003 World Junior Championship.
- Streit departs the Flyers after spending parts of four seasons with the club, including the last three as an alternate captain… He has recorded 30 goals and 110 assists for 140 points in 274 games as a Flyer.
- This season, Streit has recorded 21 points (5g-16a) in 49 games while averaging 19:23 of ice time.
- In 2014-15, Streit was awarded the Barry Ashbee Trophy as the Flyers Best Defensemen after recorded 52 points (9g-43a) in 81 games… His 52 points led all Flyers defensemen and finished third on the team in scoring.
More to come…