The Philadelphia Flyers announced they have acquire defenseman David Schlemko (SHLEHM-koh) and forward Byron Froese (FRAYZ) from the Montreal Canadiens in exchange for forward Dale Weise and defenseman Christian Folin.
The announcement was made today by Flyers Executive Vice President and General Manager, Chuck Fletcher.
Below are notes on Schlemko and Froese career:
DAVID SCHLEMKO (SHLEHM-koh)
AGE: 31 (5-7-1987)
BORN: Edmonton, Alberta
VITALS: 6'1", 191 pounds
* He has appeared in 18 games for the Canadiens this year, recording two assists and averaging 19:51 of ice time...
* He has also played eight games for the club's AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket, where he recorded four points (1g-3a).
* Schlemko is in his 11th season in the NHL and has appeared in 415 regular season games, recording 94 points (18g-76a), a career plus-minus of +9 and 124 penalty minutes, while averaging 17:19 of ice time.
BYRON FROESE (FRAYZ)
DRAFTED: 2009 - Fourth Round (119th overall) by Chicago Blackhawks
AGE: 27 (3-12-1991)
BORN: Winkler, Manitoba
VITALS: 6'1", 202 pounds
* Froese serves as captain of the Canadiens' AHL affiliate, the Laval Rocket, where he has 30 points (14g-16a) in 46 games... His 14 goals lead the team
* Last season, he appeared in 48 games for the Canadiens where he posted three goals and eight assists for 11 points while averaging 11:35 of ice time in 48 games for Montreal.
* Over parts of three seasons in the NHL, he has appeared in 110 regular season games for Toronto and Montreal, recording a total of five goals and 11 assists for 16 points.