The Philadelphia Flyers announced today they have acquired defenseman Justin Braun from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for a second-round pick in this year's draft (41st overall) and third-round pick in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft.
"We are excited to add Justin to our group of defensemen," said Fletcher. "He is a high character, quality defender who will bring a steadying presence to our team."
Below are news & notes on Braun:
JUSTIN BRAUN (BRAWN)
DRAFTED: 2007 - 7th Round (201st overall) by San Jose Sharks
AGE: 32 (2-10-1987)
BORN: Minneapolis, MN
VITALS: 6'2", 205 pounds
* Braun recently completed his ninth season in the NHL, all with the San Jose Sharks... He has a career total of 154 points (24g-130a) in 607 career NHL games to go along with a career plus-minus of +24.
* This past season, Braun recorded 16 points (2g-14a) in 78 regular season games while averaging over 20 minutes of time-on-ice (20:18).
* He also appeared in all 20 games in the Sharks run to the Western Conference Final, averaging over 21 minutes of TOI per-game (21:28).
* He has a career total of 84 Stanley Cup Playoff games (3g-10a, 13pts) to his credit, helping the Sharks reach the Western Conference Final twice (2016 & 2019), as well as the Stanley Cup Final in 2016.
* Braun spent parts of three seasons with the Sharks' AHL affiliate, the Worcester Sharks, recording 29 points (5g-24a) in 43 games.
* Prior to turning professional, Braun spent four season at the University of Massachusetts-Amherst where he played in 150 games and recorded 88 points on the blueline (23g-65a)... He was named Hockey East All-Rookie Team (2007), Hockey East Second All-Star Team (2009), Hockey East First All-Star Team (2010) and NCAA East Second All-American Team (2010).