* Flyers head coach Dave Hakstol announced that the recently acquired Calvin Pickard will get the call in net tonight in Ottawa, the second of a back-to-back.
HAKSTOL: "A lot of times we're not in a perfect situation... Pickard is a guy who mentally will handle that... he's going to be an important piece of what we do tonight."
* In other news, Jordan Weal will come out of the lineup and Dale Weise will be inserted. Beyond that other lines will be shuffled to start the game - Among those, Scott Laughton will move up to the third line.
* A bit of news on the Homefront, the Flyers activated goaltender Alex Lyon from Injured Non-Roster Status and loaned him to the Phantoms today. Lyon suffered a lower-body injury in warmups during a preseason game on Sept. 18 at Brooklyn.
BEHIND ENEMY LINES (Courtesy of OttawaSenators.com)
* Craig Anderson is off to a good start to the 2018-19 season and will get the start in net. He is unbeaten in regulation this year (1-0-1) but his main focus is on the next game, not the last one.
ANDERSON: "It doesn't really matter what you did last game. When you come to the rink the morning of a game, it's a fresh start. It's 'what have you done today?' and 'earn your ice-time' and that's my mentality."
* The fourth overall pick from this past summer, Brady Tkachuk, will play just his second NHL game and make his home debut tonight.
* A big story heading into this season was the trade of star defenseman Erik Karlsson. In return, the team got defenseman Dylan DeMelo and forward Chris Tierney, who have both got off to productive starts with three points apiece in their first three games.
DeMELO: "The transition has been pretty smooth. I'm getting a good opportunity here and lots of ice time and that goes a long way. I had a good summer with my off-season training and I think that's carried over to the start of the season. I'm happy with it so far but not satisfied. It's only been 3 games so I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and be consistent."
Puck drop is 7:30 p.m. on NBC Sports Philadelphia or listen live on 97.5 The Fanatic.