NHL Most Valuable Hockey Mom™ Presented by MassMutual
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: NHL Most Valuable Hockey Mom™ Presented by MassMutual (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are at least thirteen (13) years old at the time of entry. Employees (including for clarity, current or former National Hockey League players), officers, directors, representatives and agents of NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC ("Sponsor" as further defined below), the National Hockey League ("NHL"), the NHL's member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises, B.V., NHL Network US, L.P. (Sponsor and the foregoing NHL entities, collectively the "NHL Entities"), Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, ("MassMutual"), BAMTech, LLC, Wayin, Inc. ("Wayin"), HelloWorld, Inc., and any of their parent and affiliate companies as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee, officer, director, representative and agent are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036.
Administrator: HelloWorld, Inc., 3000 Town Center, Suite 2100, Southfield, MI 48075.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in this Contest constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules. Sponsor has the sole authority to interpret these Rules and make decisions with respect to them. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Timing: The Contest begins on April 10, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on May 3, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Wayin's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
5. How to Enter: During the Contest Period, entrants (who may be hereinafter referred to as "Nominators") must visit www.nhl.com/MostValuableHockeyMom and follow the links and instructions to complete and submit the registration form, including Nominator's first and last name, email address, and phone number. Next, submit the name, email address, and phone number of the person you are nominating ("Nominee"). Your Nominee must be living, be at least twenty-one (21) years old, and meet the geographic eligibility requirements stated in Section 1. There is no requirement for the Nominee to be a woman or for the Nominee to have a child who currently participates in a youth hockey league. You may nominate yourself or, if you have permission to do so, your friends or family. Then, follow the directions to describe why your Nominee should be recognized as an outstanding hockey "mom."
Your essays should include examples of how your Nominee is a dedicated role model and/or community advocate, how your Nominee promotes sportsmanship, and how your Nominee is a "mom" to the entire team (referred herein as your "Submission"). At your option, and with permission of Nominee, you may submit a photo of the Nominee. This photo will not be deemed to be part of the Submission and will not be considered by the Sponsor when determining the winner.
By uploading your Submission, you agree that it is truthful, it conforms to the guidelines, permissions, and content restrictions below and that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify you if it believes that it fails to conform.
• The Submission must be in English; and
• The Submission must not exceed 500 words.
Permissions: Entrant must have permission from the Nominee to be entered into the Contest. To the extent that Submission includes any photographs with recognizable individuals (in addition to the Nominee), entrant must have permission to include these individuals and to grant the rights set forth herein. Minors may only be included in the Submission if entrant or Nominee is their parent or legal guardian. If requested, entrant or Nominee must be able to provide such permissions or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
• The Submissions must be truthful;
• The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes another's rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
• The Submission must not disparage Sponsor, the NHL Entities, MassMutual, or any other person or party;
• The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
• The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, genetic information, or age; and
• The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Submission is created.
Submissions generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. In the event of a dispute as to any Submission, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each entrant may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. Released Parties (as defined in Section 10, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, damaged, incomplete, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed, or misdirected Submissions; all of which will be void.
6. Use of Submissions: Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant's consent to give Sponsor and NHL Entities, MassMutual, and their respective designees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If requested, entrant will sign any documentation that may be required for Sponsor, the NHL Entities, MassMutual or their respective designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission. Uploading a Submission also constitutes entrant's understanding and consent for Sponsor to share Submission with MassMutual and respective Judges (as defined below) for evaluation and scoring of respective Submission.
7. Winner Determination: After the Contest Period, a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor and MassMutual and including representatives of both ("Judges"), will score the Submissions and select the one (1) Submission that received the highest score ("Potential Winner"). Each Submission will receive a score based on a 100-point scale using the following criteria ("Judging Criteria"):
• Submission demonstrates that the Nominee is a dedicated role model: Nominees goes above and beyond for the entire team (25 Points);
• Submission demonstrates Nominee serves as an advocate for the local hockey community (25 Points).
• Submission demonstrates that Nominee promotes good sportsmanship over winning. (25 Points); and
• Submission demonstrates that Nominee is a team player and provides help to other hockey parents (25 Points).
In the event of a tie, the entrant whose Submission received the highest score related to how the "Submission demonstrates Nominee serves as an advocate for the local hockey community," as determined by the Judges, in their sole discretion, will be deemed the Potential Winner from among the tied entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to not select a winner, if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive a sufficient number of eligible and qualified Submissions. Sponsor will not disclose judging scores.
8. Winner Requirements: On approximately May 9, 2019, Administrator will notify the Potential Winner by email and phone. Potential Winner will be required to complete and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability Waiver and where not prohibited a Publicity Release ("Declaration") along with a W9 tax form within two (2) days of the date notice is sent to claim the prize. The Declaration will (1) confirm Potential Winner meets eligibility requirements, and agrees to these Official Rules, waives liability against all Released Parties, and confirms agreement that Sponsor and its designees may film the NHL Awards™ and other aspects of the trip prize (herein "Prize Footage"); and (2) agrees to sign a background authorization form agreeing to a confidential background check, to be conducted at Sponsor's discretion, to confirm Potential Winner has not engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of or reflect unfavorably on Sponsor or any of the Released Parties, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If (a) the Potential Winner cannot be contacted, (b) the Potential Winner fails to agree to the above requirements within the required time period, (c) the background check reveals that the Potential Winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation of Sponsor, the NHL Entities, or MassMutual, as determined by Sponsor in its discretion, or (d) the Potential Winner does not comply with these Official Rules, then the Potential Winner forfeits the prize. If the Potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may offer the prize to another Nominee whose Submission had the next highest score.
9. Prize: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: Grand Prize winner will receive a trip for winner and a guest to attend the 2019 NHL Awards™ in Las Vegas, NV in June 2019 (dates to be provided to winner when event date has been determined). Trip package includes round trip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner's home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Las Vegas, NV; two (2) nights' accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) tickets to the NHL Awards™; $750 spending money; and travel agent services. Winner must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least twenty-one (21) days prior to departure. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, gratuities, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of departure. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for round trip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,275. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, the Grand Prize winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, the NHL Entities, MassMutuaL, BAMTech, LLC, Wayin, HelloWorld, Inc., and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, together with each of their respective officers, directors, employees, partners, members, owners, shareholders, governors, representatives, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or delivery, receipt, use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and lodging.
11. Publicity Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each Grand Prize winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor, the NHL Entities, MassMutual, and their respective designees may use the Grand Prize winner's name, city, state, likeness, photo, Submission, and/or prize information in connection with the Contest for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the Grand Prize winner from among all non-suspect, eligible Submissions received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated Submissions. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrant, printing, typographical or other errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the Submission process or the Contest; (4) printing, typographical, technical, computer, network or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest, the uploading, the processing or judging of Submissions, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Contest or delivery, receipt, use or misuse of any prize (including any travel/lodging/activity related thereto). Released Parties are not responsible for misdirected or undeliverable Submissions or for any technical problems, malfunctions of computer systems, servers, providers, hardware/software, lost or unavailable network connections or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmission or any combination thereof. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of any Submission.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York; (2) he or she irrevocably consents to the personal jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts and waives any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that he or she may have; (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and NHL Awards name and logo and NHL Most Valuable Hockey Mom are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2019. All Rights Reserved.
© 2019 HelloWorld, Inc. All rights reserved.
ABBREVIATED DISCLOSURES FOR ADVERTISING
When you post the rules to your site, these should be removed.
Abbreviated rules for online Ads - Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Enter Contest by: 5/3/19. To enter and for Official Rules, visit [Insert URL].
Abbreviated Rules for online Ads - Not a Banner
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States (D.C.), 13 years or older. Enter Contest by 5/3/19. To enter and for Official Rules, including eligibility of Nominees, prize details, and all requirements, visit [Insert URL]. Void where prohibited.