2019 NHL ALL-STAR FAN VOTE™ SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY, WIN OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT AFFECT OR IMPROVE AN ENTRANT's CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ELIGIBLE LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE Fifty (50) UNITED STATES, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA OR CANADA WHO have reached THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
The 2019 NHL All-Star Fan Vote™ Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is sponsored by NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10036 ("Sponsor").
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes starts at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern Time ("ET") on December 1, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on December 23, 2018 ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official Sweepstakes clock.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including the District of Columbia) or Canada who have reached the age of majority in their state/province/territory of legal residence as of the time of entry and are otherwise eligible under these Official Rules (each such eligible United States, District of Columbia or Canadian resident, as applicable, an "Entrant"). Employees, officers, representatives, agents, members and directors of the Sponsor, the National Hockey League ("NHL"), the NHL's member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises, B.V., adidas America, Honda Inc., BAMTech, LLC, Expand the Room LLC, and each of their respective parent and affiliate companies (collectively, the "Ineligible Entities") as well as the immediate families - namely, spouses, parents, siblings and children, and/or persons living in the same household (at least three months a year, whether or not related) - of each such employee, officer, representative, agent, member and director are not eligible to participate or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal, territorial, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
Participation constitutes Entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. During the Sweepstakes Period, an eligible Entrant must visit NHL.com/Vote (the "Website") and follow the on-screen instructions to create a ballot by selecting between one (1) and four (4) NHL® players (maximum of one (1) player per each division: Atlantic, Metropolitan, Central, or Pacific). Entrant will be prompted to either "Sign in" with an existing NHL® account or, if the Entrant does not yet have an NHL® account, register ("Registration") for an NHL® account by clicking on "Create Account" and following the instructions to complete and submit the Registration form by providing the required contact information including email address, password, country, ZIP/postal code, and favorite team (not required for Canadian Entrants). It is free of charge to register for an NHL® account. Upon submitting a valid ballot, Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. An incomplete Registration does not constitute a valid entry for the purpose of this Sweepstakes and will not be accepted.
Note: For Entrants using a mobile device to participate in any aspect of this Sweepstakes, message and data rates may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details or any applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges.
Released Parties (as defined in Section 7, below) are not responsible for lost, late, stolen, incomplete, inaccurate, invalid, un-intelligible, garbled, delayed or misdirected entries, all of which will be void.
Limit: An Entrant may enter up to ten (10) times every twenty-four (24) hours within the Sweepstakes Period; therefore, an Entrant may not enter more than ten (10) times per twenty-four (24) hour period. By way of example, if an Entrant first enters at 10:00 a.m. ET, that Entrant may enter up to nine (9) additional entries until 9:59 a.m. ET the following day. That same Entrant may then submit an additional one (1) to ten (10) entries beginning at 10:00 a.m. ET the next day. Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address; therefore, each Entrant must have his/her own unique email address. If it is discovered by Sponsor that an attempt was made by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries per day by using multiple/different accounts, email addresses, identities, Registrations and logins, or any other methods, that Entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Registration/entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register or associated with the account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about December 27, 2018, at approximately 12:00 p.m. (noon) ET at the NHL Corporate Office in New York, NY, a Sponsor representative will randomly select one (1) potential grand prize winner ("Grand Prize Winner") from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The selected winner is considered a potential winner, subject to verification and compliance with these Official Rules. The confirmed Grand Prize Winner will be awarded one (1) Grand Prize as described below. The Grand Prize may be referred to hereinafter as the "Prize."
5. PRIZE, APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE ("ARV") AND ODDS OF WINNING:
a. Grand Prize (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip for two (2) (Grand Prize Winner and one  guest) to the 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star Game in San Jose, California ("Grand Prize"). Grand Prize includes: (i) roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner's place of residence to San Jose, CA (arrival and departure airports determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); (ii) three (3) nights' standard accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy; check in January 24, 2019, check out January 27, 2019); (iii) entry for two (2) to the NHL All-Star Skills™ scheduled to be held on Friday, January 25, 2019; (iv) two (2) tickets to the 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star Game scheduled to be held on Saturday, January 26, 2019; and (v) two (2) tickets to 2019 NHL Fan Fair™ which can be used any day January 24-January 27, 2019. Terms and conditions of game tickets apply. Seat locations to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner must travel on January 24, 2019 and return on January 27, 2019 (or on dates otherwise determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), or Grand Prize will be forfeited. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion and Grand Prize Winner's guest must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as Grand Prize Winner. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, tips, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, baggage fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are solely the responsibility of Grand Prize Winner and Grand Prize Winner's guest. The Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance for any part of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to provide a major credit card upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges will be charged to the credit card. Unless the child or legal ward of Grand Prize Winner, or a sibling/friend of Grand Prize Winner with the appropriate parental/legal guardian permissions and releases, guest must be the age of majority in his or her state or province of legal residence as of the date of departure. Winner's guest must also execute a liability and publicity release (where permitted by law) prior to issuance of travel documents. If the Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in a Prize without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. If Grand Prize Winner is Canadian, then Grand Prize Winner and his or her guest must have valid passports and visas (with the term "valid" defined as what is valid under Canadian and U.S. law) and any other documents required for international travel at the time of departure from Canada up to and including the time of return to Canada, and in the event for any reason the Grand Prize Winner does not have a valid passport/visa at the time of departure then neither the Grand Prize Winner nor his or her guest may travel and the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and nothing will be substituted in its place, but if at the time of departure the Grand Prize Winner does have a valid passport/visa and guest does not have a valid passport/visa the Grand Prize Winner may travel but in such event the Grand Prize Winner may not choose a new guest. Sponsor will not be responsible if Grand Prize Winner is denied permission to fly, entry into the United States or re-entry into Canada (as applicable). Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to Grand Prize Winner's proximity to Grand Prize location, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole discretion, and Grand Prize Winner will not receive any difference, if any, in Prize value that results from such substitution. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the NHL All-Star Skills™ or 2019 Honda NHL® All-Star Game or any other element of the Grand Prize are delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of the Grand Prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsor's sole discretion. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of the Grand Prize: $1,937 USD, based on a sample New York City, New York departure. Actual value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination.
Resale of NHL® game/event tickets is prohibited. Winner and winner's guest must abide by all venue policies and game/event ticket terms and conditions. Sponsor reserves the right to revoke the full or partial Prize from any winner or winner's guest who Sponsor or venue personnel deem in their sole discretion may be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, or bring Ineligible Entities into disrepute. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Prize is non-transferable and no substitution or cash redemption will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, for whatever reason, to substitute the Prize (or any component thereof) for one of equal or greater value. Grand Prize Winner is responsible for all federal, provincial, state and local taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use. Sponsor's representative to coordinate travel arrangements and delivery of the Prize once Grand Prize Winner has been verified and confirmed.
b. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Following the drawing, the potential winner will be notified via email on or about December 27, 2018 using the email address associated with the potential winner's NHL® account. The potential winner will be required to respond to Sponsor within forty-eight (48) hours of notification. The potential winner will then be required to complete an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release (except where prohibited by law) and Liability Waiver (together, the "Release Forms") along with a W9 or W8 tax form (as applicable), all of which must be received by Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours of receipt of the Release Forms, in order to claim his/her Prize. Potential winner, if Canadian, will also be required to correctly answer a skill-testing question without any assistance of any kind in order to be eligible to receive his/her Prize. If a potential winner of the Prize cannot (a) be contacted after two attempts, (b) fails to respond and/or provide any of the Release Forms within the required time period, (c) does not correctly answer the skill-testing question (if applicable), (d) is otherwise in non-compliance with these Official Rules, or (e) declines to accept the Prize to be awarded, the potential winner forfeits his/her Prize. In the event that the potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may select an alternate potential winner for the applicable Prize by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period, time permitting. Only up to two (2) alternate drawings may be held, after which the applicable Prize will remain un-awarded. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will be declared the official Grand Prize Winner of the Sweepstakes.
7. RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to forever and irrevocably release and hold harmless each of the Ineligible Entities and each of their respective officers, directors, governors, members, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, volunteers, representatives, agents, affiliates, related entities, successors and assigns (collectively, the "Released Parties"), from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense of any nature whatsoever (including attorneys' fees) which may occur in connection with (a) the Sweepstakes or any element thereof, including entry or participation therein, (b) delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any Prize or component thereof, or (c) participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or Prize-related activity. In addition, by participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all damages, losses, amounts paid in settlement, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) incurred by any of the Released Parties in connection with any third-party claim, demand, liability, suit, proceeding or action arising out of or resulting from (i) breach or alleged breach of any representations, warranties or agreements of Entrant hereunder, or (ii) Entrant's possession, use or misuse of any Prize or component thereof. Each Entrant hereby acknowledges that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize (or any components thereof). Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Prize is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, and the Released Parties hereby disclaim all such warranties, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and/or non-infringement.
8. PUBLICITY: Except where legally prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes and acceptance of the Prize constitutes the winner's agreement and consent to Sponsor's and its affiliates', agents' or affiliated third parties' use of winner's name, address (city & state/province), image likeness, and persona for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity relating to the Promotion and for any and all other promotional and marketing purposes in any and all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to print, TV, radio, electronic, cable or World Wide Web, without additional compensation, limitation, restriction, notice, review or approval.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes with the consent of the Régie, (as defined below), or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and in the event of cancellation, suspension, and/or modification of the Sweepstakes, to award the Prize in a random drawing from all eligible entries received as of the date of such cancellation, suspension or modification. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any person responsible for the attempt to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term or provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term or provision.
10. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible or liable for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) entries, Prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged, undeliverable or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind, including but not limited to, inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith or an Entrant's failure to adequately monitor his/her email or telephone messages; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
11. DISPUTES: With regard to United States (including District of Columbia) Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, U.S.A. or the appropriate New York State Court located in New York County, New York, U.S.A., and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York, U.S.A. or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York, U.S.A; With regard to Canadian Entrants, any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any Prize awarded shall be resolved exclusively by the courts of the Province of Ontario, and all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrants and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada and the laws of Canada applicable therein without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Province of Ontario; provided, however, that the jurisdiction of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") shall apply in relation to a Québec Entrant with respect to any matter within the jurisdiction of the Régie; With respect to Entrants from Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this promotion may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement. Applicable to all Entrants: Except where prohibited by law, Entrants agree that (i) any and all such disputes, claims, and causes of action shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; (iii) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrants hereby waive all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental, consequential and/or any other damages, other than actual out-of-pocket expenses; (iv) they waive any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased; (v) they irrevocably consent to the personal jurisdiction of the aforesaid courts, as applicable to each such Entrant, and waive any claim of forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction that they may have; and (vi) if any provision of these Official Rules is declared invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be deemed modified to the extent necessary and possible to render it valid and enforceable, and that in any event, the unenforceability or invalidity of any provision will not affect any other provision of these Official Rules, and these Official Rules will continue in full force and effect, and be construed and enforced, as if such provision had not been included, or had been modified as described above, as the case may be.
13. WINNERS LIST: For the name of the Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped business-sized envelope to: Winners List, 2019 NHL All-Star Fan Vote™ Sweepstakes, 1185 Avenue of the Americas, 14th Floor, New York, NY 10036. Winners List requests must be received no later than February 5, 2019. Residents of Canada or Vermont may omit return postage.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks and the NHL All-Star logo, NHL All-Star Skills name and logo, NHL All-Star Fan Vote name and logo and NHL Fan Fair name and logo are trademarks of the National Hockey League. © NHL 2018. All Rights Reserved.