For the past 21 years, La Casa Garcia Restaurant and We Give Thanks, Inc., a nonprofit charitable organization founded by restaurateur and philanthropist Frank Garcia, have been serving free Thanksgiving Dinners to those in need in the greater Orange County region. To accommodate an estimated gathering of over 15,000, Honda Center and the Anaheim Ducks once again joined forces with We Give Thanks, Inc. for this year’s event.
Several Ducks players participated by helping to serve meals; during the event (11 a.m. – 4 p.m.). The day kicked off with an Official Turkey Carving Ceremony at 10:45 a.m.
On behalf of all those participating in this year’s event, a 50-foot by 100-foot holiday card was available for signing in the Honda Center parking lot. The card, which will be flown to Iraq by the United States Marine Corps in the spirit of bringing holiday wishes to our dedicated American service men and women, will first be presented to the The Guinness Book of Records for consideration as the World’s Largest Holiday Card.
Details of the ceremony are as follows:
Official Turkey Carving Ceremony
10:45 a.m.; Thursday, November 22, 2007
Honda Center – South Parking Lot
- Frank Garcia, Founder of We Give Thanks, Inc., and La Casa Garcia Restaurant
- Father Gregory Marquez, St. Boniface Catholic Church, Anaheim – Blessing of the Turkeys
- Bob Wagner, Senior Vice President/Chief Marketing Officer, Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center
- State Senator Lou Correa - 34th District
- Supervisor Janet Nguyen, First District, Orange County Board of Supervisors
- Anaheim City Council Member and 33rd State Senate District Candidate Harry Sidhu
- Anaheim City Council Member Lorri Galloway
- Anaheim City Council Member Lucille Kring
- La Palma City Council Member Ralph P. Rodriguez
- Orange Councilmember Denis Bilodeau