• The Devils swept their home-and-home set with the Flyers.
• New Jersey finished the preseason 3-4-0, with all three wins coming over the last four games.
• The Devils were 1-5 on the power play tonight and were 6-37 (16.2%) in the preseason overall.
• The club went 4-5 on the penalty-kill and finished the preseason 30-38 (78.9%).
• New Jersey outshot Philadelphia 31-23 tonight and held a 195-170 advantage in the preseason overall.
• Tonight's contest marked the team's first overtime/shootout of the preseason.
Cory Schneider (21 saves + 3/3) made his fourth start of the preseason and picked up his first victory.
Jacob Josefson scored his first goal of the preseason at 16:29 of the third period to tie the game at 2-2 and force overtime. He finished the preseason with 1g-2a-3pts over the last two games. Josefson then scored the only goal in the shootout to give the Devils the win.
Jiri Tlusty scored a power play goal 3:36 into the third period, his first goal/point of the preseason.
Travis Zajac recorded the primary assist on Tlusty's marker and closed out the preseason with 2g-1a-3pts over his final two games. He also went 11-16 (68.8%) in the face-off circle on the night.
Andy Greene also picked up an assist on Tlusty's goal, his team-leading (tie, Damon Severson) third helper of the preseason, and logged a team-high 24:45 of TOI in the contest.
Adam Henrique registered an assist on Josefson's tally and finished the preseason with 1g-1a-2pts in five appearances.
John Moore also collected an assist on Josefson's goal and finished tied for the team-lead with 1g-2a-3pts in the preseason.
Sergey Kalinin posted a team-leading five shots on goal and was named Third Star.
Lee Stempniak, who agreed to a PTO with New Jersey on September 16, recorded three shots on goal in 17:45 of action tonight. He finished the preseason with 1g-1a-2pts with 10 shots on goal and a team-leading (tie, Reid Boucher) +4 mark in five appearances.
Following the game, the team released forward Tyler Kennedy from his PTO.