Here's what you need to know for tonight's game in Washington:
1. Cory Schneider
(7-6-2, 2.86 GAA, .904 sv %) will make his 17th straight start tonight, matching Martin Brodeur
for the second longest streak in franchise history to begin a season (2002-03). Brodeur established the club mark of 19 in 2001-02.
2. Each member of the Mike Cammalleri (1g-2a) - Travis Zajac (2g-1a) - Jaromir Jagr (1g-2a) line has points in back-to-back games since Cammalleri’s return from injury. The Devils' leading goal scorer, Cammalleri posted his sixth of the season in Tuesday’s win over the Minnesota, while Jagr collected two assists and Zajac added a goal.
3. New Jersey is looking to snap a four-game road losing streak (0-4-0). The Devils have not lost five straight road games in regulation since November 15, 2010-January 8, 2011 (0-11-0).
4. Andy Greene’s plus-10 is tied with Calgary’s TJ Brodie for second among NHL defensemen, trailing only Tampa Bay’s Anton Stralman (plus-14).
5. The Capitals have won three in a row coming into tonight. Alex Ovechkin (8g-8a) and Nicklas Backstrom (4g-12a) are tied for the team scoring-lead with 16 points.
6. The Devils are 2-2-1 vs. the Metropolitan Division this season, including 1-2-0 away from Prudential Center. The Caps took this season's first meeting, 6-2, on Oct. 16.