This is the second meeting of the season between the clubs, first since October and first at Prudential Center. Lee Stempniak
scored in overtime to seal a 2-1 win at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 18.
2. The Devils are 4-1-0 over their last five games and have allowed just eight goals during that stretch. Ten of their next 14 games will be played vs. Metropolitan Division opponents.
3. Tonight’s game is New Jersey’s 99th home game in the all-time series against the Rangers. The Devils will play their crosstown rivals three times over the next 22 days (also, Feb. 8 at NY & Feb. 23 at NJ).
4. Devils' leading scorer Michael Cammalleri (upper body) and defenseman John Moore (lower body, 2 games missed) are both sidelined tonight. Cammalleri has averaged a point per game in his career vs. the Rangers (7g-11a-18pts in 18 games), while Moore is fourth in points among Devils' defensemen with 10 (3g-7a).
5. The Rangers have won three of their last four, including a 6-3 victory over Buffalo last Monday in their final game before the All-Star break.
6. New York's Rick Nash will miss his third straight game with a bone bruise in his left leg.