Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s meeting with the Nashville Predators!
1. Tonight’s contest opens a three-game homestand. The Devils are 5-1-1 over their last seven games, 7-2-1 in their last 10 games at Prudential Center, and 11-3-4 over the last 18 at The Rock.
2. This is the second and final meeting against the Predators. Nashville leads the season series 1-0-0 after a 3-1 win at Bridgestone Arena on Feb. 14.
3. Damon Severson has been activated from injured reserve and returns to the lineup tonight after missing 31 games with a fractured ankle. Severson, who last played on Dec. 15, has 12 points (4g-8a) in 32 games this season. The rookie blueliner was injured on Dec. 6 when he blocked an Alex Ovechkin shot.
4. Tonight’s starter Cory Schneider is 12-8-6 with a 1.82 goals-against average, .933 save percentage and one shutout in 27 games this season at The Rock. He leads all NHL goaltenders in games played (55), games started (54, tie, Braden Holtby), shots against (1,585) and saves (1,470). He ranks third with a .927 save percentage (tie, Craig Anderson) and is fifth with a 2.19 goals-against average (tie, Marc-Andre Fleury).
5. Mike Cammalleri (5g-3a, 6 games) and Travis Zajac (2g, 2 games) both enter with point streaks. Cammalleri leads the Devils in goals (23), points (33), power-play goals (8), and game-winners (8).
6. Nashville has dropped three straight in regulation for the first time this season after last night’s 4-1 loss to the Rangers at MSG. Even with the skid, the Predators lead the President’s Trophy race with 89 points.