Here’s what you need to know for tonight’s meeting with the Columbus Blue Jackets!
1. This is the second installment of a three-game homestand. Winners of back-to-back tilts, the Devils are seeking their third winning streak of three-or-more games in their last 16 contests.
2. The Devils are 6-1-1 over their last eight games following a 3-1 win vs. Nashville on Tuesday. They’re 8-2-1 in their last 11 games at The Rock and 12-3-4 over their last 19 at home.
3. New Jersey leads the season series with the Blue Jackets 2-0-0 following a 2-0 win on Feb. 28 at Nationwide Arena. This is the third of four meetings between the division rivals.
4. Mike Cammalleri enters on a team season-high seven-game point streak (6g-3a-9pts). Stephen Gionta (2a, 2 games), Andy Greene (1g-1a, 2 games) and Patrik Elias (2a, 2 games) all enter with points in back-to-back contests.
5. Columbus is winless in its last seven games (0-6-1) following a 5-3 loss to the Capitals on Tuesday.
6. Former Devil David Clarkson is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with an oblique injury. He registered 14 PIM, two shots on goal and a minus-1 rating in three games with the Jackets since being acquired from Toronto on Feb. 26.